Thread: Best CISSP courses

Best CISSP courses

Hi,
    Anyone here can suggest which 1 week review course or seminar for CISSP ? I live in Seattle, WA.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Look for the one offered by the ISC2.

I had to attend one and I was happy overall with the content and the instructor.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Hi everyone

To stay on the theme of this post, can anyone recommend any pre-training online reading material in order to prepare for CISSP training, or recommend any other online resources?

I am currently in a ITSEC role (in the UK), and have 2-3 years of pen-test/security analysis.

Cheers

Sean
    If a packet falls in an empty network, - does it make any noise?

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Take a look at www.cccure.org.

Visit the ISC2 certs section where there are forums, materials, practice quizes, etc.

Everything there is free.

I used the site when I prepared. It helped quite a bit.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

As for test prep questions I think www.cccure.org has the best ive seen. I used them for studying for my SSCP and was very happy with the questions in the practice tests.

I am currently studying to take my CISSP on June 11th and I am using cccure.org for my practice questions.

As for materials, I use Shon Harris CISSP book, ISC2 Official Study guide, Mastering the 10 Domains CISSP book, and the Gold Edition CISSP prep guide.

I passed the SSCP fairly easy with the same methods and material types, hope it works out for the CISSP :-)
    \"Common Sense, isn\'t that common\"
    \"It is a lot easier to raise a child then it is to repair an adult\"
    -Kruptos