Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can you help me hack??

hehe woops, guess i missed that part :-( my bad....lol
    \"Common Sense, isn\'t that common\"
    \"It is a lot easier to raise a child then it is to repair an adult\"
    -Kruptos

I used the cert address lol.Thanks for the time th13 i will let them know.
    Would any one want me to post the replys i have received from the university?
    \"Those who profess to favor freedom, yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.\"

Frederick Douglass

yes please post them if you dont mind. I would like to see what they have to say :-)
    \"Common Sense, isn\'t that common\"
    \"It is a lot easier to raise a child then it is to repair an adult\"
    -Kruptos

okay have let them know further details and will hope for a reply
    \"Those who profess to favor freedom, yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.\"

Frederick Douglass

As first post, he gives people with zero posts a bad name.

hehe, ya keep us informed, would love to see the response.

Hi, sorry it’s taken a while to post again I wanted to wait a little bit.

No reply as of yet from the university since my first contact with them.

What follows are the replys so far:

Thanks for this report. Do you have more information such as
    originating
    IP address and time stamps of the conversation? If possible we would
    like to track down this individual and deal with him/her.

Many thanks.

Regards,
    Tony.

I also received an automated reply with a response number

Greetings,

This message has been automatically generated in response to the
    creation of a trouble ticket regarding:
    "Hacking request",
    a summary of which appears below.

There is no need to reply to this message right now. Your ticket has
    been
    assigned an ID of [security.mc.man.ac.uk #****].

Please include the string:

[security.mc.man.ac.uk #****]

in the subject line of all future correspondence about this issue. To
    do so,
    you may reply to this message.

Thank you,

Looks like the are going to deal with it in house and not respond any more.

Frederick Douglass

Senior since the 3 dot era
    lol, it still is funny to see that people get a lot of problems because they do not understand the forum where they are asking such a question. It proves that context is a very important thing when asking stuff.
    This guy asks something like "hey girl I don't know you but can I see you naked?" and then he gets a punch in the face.

It is unfortunate that I am seeing an increase of individuals that for whatever reason have placed themselves in a position that short changes them in the long run. Here you have an individual that is either trying to cheat or sell the exam to make money or both. Whatever happened to actually doing the work? (I am not suggesting he actually hack.) More and more I see people that feel they are "entitled" or want a quick and easy fix. Sounds like this person should take the money he was willing to use and put it to some serious education - i.e. ethics, law, etc. OR maybe he should just go straight into politics.
    Epithath: What lies here beneath is just the shell, just the nut is gone.

Oh hell if you knew how much people paid for papers on a campus.... You'd be out there with a lit up sign too.

I got 20 dollars per question for my Linux + and Security + finals (They were both As).

The way I've looked at this thread was the same way I looked at it when I sold questions:

Tax on stupidity.

Blut Liebe dich

EDIT:

Just remembered something:

I was checking out a collection of term papers, and there ar elike 300 web pages I saw that sell papers for like cash. Wow... I can't believe people buy these things anymore. I have about 300 I've found online that I've saved for a rainy day (Haven't ever used one, want somethign done right don't let someone else screw it up for you and all that) but I never had to pay because quite a few oldschool BBS lover web pages keep a lot of text files on hand.

http://www.textfiles.com

Oh, sorry, if anyone has trouble or doesn't want to read trhough to find everything, this is the /home/everything:

http://www.textfiles.com/directory.html

They have everything on there from drugs to games to "hacking".

Slightly off topic..

I don't know the details, but our university took our code submissions and ran them against a database of known answers to the questions... this would then rank the code on 'originality'. There are obviously many different styles and if several people got the same chunk of code, they may be up for plagerism - pending consideration...

AFAIK, this was also occuring on written work, although only on electronic submissions...

I'm glad academia is attempting to keep up with the electronic age...