Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can you help me hack??

Greetings!

I subscribed to the thread as I wanted to find out how the 'target' would react given the awareness that it is already targeted--at least in terms of intent. House929's initial post suddenly twists perspectives but the whole aspect of it all are the following:

a. A person solicits the services of others for his/her benefit--fully knowing that the services required will be illegal by all means.
    b. This forum was alerted by said solicitation through the thread establishment--i.e., it depends on how each poster would view the subject of the discussion and how the alert for the 'target' will be handled.

From the very beginning--ab initio, if you please within the legalese--the motive and intent of the solicitor is definitely illegal since the method of service being solicited is by itself an illegal act. Should somebody bites and proceeds with the hacking service being solicited, then the solicitor becomes the mastermind and the hacker becomes a party to the conspiracy with deliberation. If the hacking proceeded, regardless of whether it was detected-intercepted-thwarted or not, and whether both the solicitor and the hacker benefited or not, the criminal act was committed. If the prosecution process happens then this thread may be within the sub judice status except that the posters may be asked to become amicus curiae whereby all technical opinions as posted may be called as substances for the court to handle.

Apparently, the solicitation simply became a subject of THIS discussion; and everybody is entitled to his own opinion. House929's comments, however, oversimplifies the issue. Just because you know that the three-year old kid is playing with a match and the chances of him setting a fire is still subject to debate does not mean that we can leave that kid alone to keep playing with the match.

Crux: The solicitor had an insidious intent.
    Sub-crux: Those who received the solicitation and posted into this thread didn't accommodate the proposition.

Ergo: The general sentiment of the posters--excepting the rationalization attempt of House929--provides a view on the broad ethical and moral stand of the forum members!

Let's go!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Turnitin

I saw someone post about code being scanned by the teachers. At my college they use this website:
    www.turnitin.com
    It has online plagarism prevention, a tool to let students check eachothers work etc. I know this is off topic, but this could be the future, posting your work online, having teachers mark it, and plagarism check it. I know a lot of teachers in our college post work, and the teachers even post their days work.
    Anyhow, im rambling.
    Dap