Well I guess I'm not dying yet
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well I guess I'm not dying yet

Well I guess I'm not dying yet

Last Monday I had a complete physical done, part fo which was an Xray of my chest. The Dr found something on my lungs. So I had to wait until yesterday, to have a CT scan to see what was up with me.

I only told a few close people here because I didn't want pitty or people being nice to me just because of it. But I just got a phone call saying that they did find scaring on my lungs, but it was from when I was a little kid and had pneumonia.

And I have a "high sturnum". So that was why the Xray looked so bad. But the CTscan shows I'm not dying, but I do need to quit smoking soon.

Anyway, since I'm here every day and I've been a part of this place for quite a while, I figured I owed you all at least a heads up on what was going on with me.

-Allen / gore

AOs Resident Troll
    Your lucky Gore...

My friend\co-worker got sick last November,

Jan they gave him 6mos to live 9 with chemo...

He is doing an alternative Intravenous vitamin C therapy....."what can it do...kill me" he says

5 months in...he looks better then he ever did....

Maybe it is the kick in the pants you need to quit....

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

I also agree, QUIT!

It's not all that hard. I quit on haloween last year. I'm a little over 6 months quit.

The first two weeks are hell... but find something else to do when you want to smoke.

The best way I found to do it was using the patch and exercise. If you're out of shape and want to smoke... exercise will having you breathing so hard you won't want the smoke!

I still get cravings for smokes. However, at work I'll go for a brisk walk around the block and at home I'll jog/run 2 miles. Takes the cravings right away.

The only time I want them now is when I'm drinking. So, I cut back the alcohol to almost none.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Glad to hear you're doing alright, you bastard ;-)
    Take care of yourself!
    Definitions: Hacker vs. Cracker
    Gentoo Linux user, which probably says a lot about me..
    AGA member 14460 || KGS : Trevoke and games archived

I've been trying to.... I also realised I've been working out a lot when I haven't smoked. A lot of weight lifting and crunches. I'd go jogging but my ankle, knee, and ribs prevent that, so I walk.

Banned
    I quit smoking in August last year... first three weeks were absolutely horrible... 9 months later, I still have cravings from time to time, but it gets better every day. I think I'm "making up" for it by drinking more, though

Lol Neg you're funny.

I'm drinking a tall boy Mountain Dew AMP right now. I was excited as hell to see it. And the place I went to has Hennessy XO

One thing I have noticed:

My Dr switched me from Vicodin ES to Norco. Now, they are the same things (Acetaminophen + Hydrocodone) ewxcept Norco has 10 MGs of Hydrocodone, where Vicodin ES has 7.5 with a lot less Tylenol in it (Better for my liver) but I noticed I haven't been smoking as much since starting it a few weeks ago.

I've been working out a lot and playing a lot of bass. The other day I woke up and started playing Anesthesia.... Dumb idea, my arms needed ice half way through lol.

NP: Alice Cooper - Schools out

I stopped many times before I finally quit. I had been smoking for over 20 years. It got so bad that I was coughing up new life-forms and it became hard to breathe. I could never get enough air, especially in the mornings or late at night. I would even wake up at night and couldn't breathe period! At that point I realized I was running out of air-sacs and the life clock was ticking. It was hard to quit and like most everyone has indicated, the first few weeks are tough. I won't prescribe any special stop smoking procedure that's magic, because it didn't come without a lot of effort and withdrawls. Switching to smokeless tobacco made it even worse, I ended up doing both.

Although my lungs are clear now after 13 years, I have permanently lost some lung capacity. So seriously you will need to quit before the damage is sustained.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Yea it isn't easy. My Dr said he would perscribe something to help me out though. Hopefully that works.

Howdy.

Gore it's good to hear that things are all clear. And the quit smoking thing was pretty difficult for me, with all the stress and lack of sleep, i did quit for a while, but i slipped back when travis came early, i was really stressed to the max.
    Now i've pretty much quit again, but it's really really hard as the urge to nip outside and have a quick smoke is always there..

Anyhow good luck, just find something to do when you get the urges

kris.!