Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offshore Service Providers

Offshore Service Providers

I am tasked with helping several clients with private data communications. These clients do business in several countries well known for their network snooping or blocking. These clients are also growing concerned with hosting data in the USA as well. Anyone have any good experience with any offshore ISP's?

Thank you in advance,

-hlm

I am sory this should have been in Miscellaneous Security Discussions

I've checked out offshore hosting in Hong Kong and India. It's generally much pricier than hosting in the US.

I've also noted some firms, particularly gambling sites, have moved to server farms based in the States for security reasons. In particular, one outfit originally hosted in Costa Rica (I can't remember the name) moved their hosting to the States because of DoS attacks. My impression is that large server farms are generally better secured against ass't attacks. But there's others here who are more in the know than I...
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

I've checked out offshore hosting in Hong Kong and India. It's generally much pricier than hosting in the US.

well........... india is known for its outsourceing from UK and America. i personally know of people who do them.
    of course, according to them, india is becoming expensive then actually doing it in the parent country. but at that price they offer 24 hours assistance and work environment. plus their english is more understandable.

for call centers delhi is the place
    and for software solutions banglore is the place.
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

I'm sorry mencken, this is a little off topic, but I just HAVE to know.

It shows that were registered with AO back in Oct. of 2002 and these were your FIRST two posts? If you don't mind me asking, what took you so long to post?!

-Deeboe
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

http://tazforum.**********.com/

Do your homework.

What you'll find is HK hosters offer comparable space and bandwidth at 3x the price and up, while Indian hosters offer seemingly better prices, but for only a small fraction of the space and bandwidth.

Take your pick.

Hey Hey,

Check out, HavenCo... -- http://www.havenco.com/

They provide offshore hosting from the Principality of Sealand (http://www.sealandgov.com/)...

If you really need offshore and out of the way of other countries... this is the best place to do it..

Peace,
    HT

Don't bother with HavenCo. Been onto Sealand for years. It's a piece of fiction, a pipedream.

Their servers are actually stateside, hosted by USLEC in North Carolina.

edit -- They seem to have quite a presence in Great Britain, too.

Originally posted here by brokencrow
    Don't bother with HavenCo. Been onto Sealand for years. It's a piece of fiction, a pipedream.

Their servers are actually stateside, hosted by USLEC in North Carolina.
    I dunno... there's plenty of reasons to not think it's fiction (As I have also been following it for a while)..

Their former CTO blasted them @ DefCon but never once mentioned anything about them being located elsewhere and even commented on moving to Sealand while he worked there (http://www.thewhir.com/features/euro-havenco.cfm). Now he was a disgruntled former employee... good reasont obash.. yet he never did anything to mention they may not be located in Sealand.

I don't think the fact that USLEC owns the block that the havenco.com IP is registered to is reason enough to think that... I'd need to see solid proof in order to believe it...

1. They could have purchased IPs from USLEC (may be easier than getting their own).
    2. They could purchase their internet connection from USLEC (It has to come from someone).
    3. They could host their own websites with USLEC... Given the cost of data to a remote location, it would make more sense to put your own websites (which have nothing illegal on them) on another hosting solution... it would be much cheaper and make more sense from a business aspect..

If you can give me proof, I'll gladly look at it... but otherwise, I'll accept it as being real.

In reponse to your edit, of course they do... their 6 miles off the shore... It would be the logical place to do all physical business....

Peace,
    HT

Originally posted here by Deeboe
    I'm sorry mencken, this is a little off topic, but I just HAVE to know.

It shows that were registered with AO back in Oct. of 2002 and these were your FIRST two posts? If you don't mind me asking, what took you so long to post?!

-Deeboe
    Deeboe, it must be one of those revive your old account month's here.
    Considering all these old members are suddenly appearing all of a sudden.

so i am also wondering why the member suddenly got the urge to sign in with the account they registered in 2002 with, and suddenly make 2 posts now..

f2B