Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old technology books

Hybrid View

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Old technology books

Ok. I've prided myself on having practically my own personal library. That said, however, I've managed to acquire enough to fill a room on their own (and many I no longer use). It's made me wonder what others do with their old books? I did find out that the local library will take them and whatever they don't use they will sell (which is fine for me as I'm a big supporter of libraries and literacy programs).

So what do you do with your old tech books?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

i burn them

good first post ngarcia92 =) I don't own one single tech book! When I needed/wanted to learn something and felt the need for a book, I went to the library and devoted my time to that particular subject. Other than that I use the internet for learning or e-books. trying to save the rainforest so that Microsoft has something to use as sample pictures for their next line of OS =P
    Last edited by ArPaNET; December 20th, 2007 at 04:12 AM.

i burn them
    Thereby contributing to air pollution and Global warming?

"Phoenix" (AZ?) how appropriate it rose out of the ashes of ngarcia92's technical manuals?

Custom User
    I keep them to make myself look knowledgeable :P But seriously, I haven't had to get rid of any books yet, but if I did I'd have to give them away. I couldn't bring myself to dispose of them no-matter how crap they were. I'm a bit addicted to books.

ac

I can't get rid of mine to save my life. Took them to Half Price Books, they told me they were too outdated to sell used, including the Windows 2000 book I have.

HT, PM if you want some stuff, I might have some things I'd gladly send your way.

Although I have used an old dos book from time to time. So that one stays.
    You mean those little booklets that came with 3.x and windows 95, right? I remember those and then on the windows 95 disk they had a avi of Weezer's Buddy Holly video.

this is what I do with old tech books,

1)make 2 stacks of books
    2)put a board from one stack to the other
    3)repeat
    4)presto a shelf for new tech books!!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein
    --The road to hell is paved with good intentions.--

wow! webwurm99 amazing tutorial =) will someone please add this to the rest of the amazing tuts on this site...

What's the meaning of "donating" when they aren't useful for anyone.I throw them in recycle bin.