China... and others and espionage - wheee!

Thread: China... and others and espionage - wheee!

Angry China... and others and espionage - wheee!

I don't know if I should be paranoid, enraged or what at this point. Even back in my day in MI, we knew this was going on. I'm sure ppl like TH13 and others involved still one way or another knows this espionage going on, I just wonder if our government is doing enough to stop it? I have no idea, hence my question. But China appears to be taking "The Art of War" right to us. Also - are they spying on other countries, say France, Russia, the UK, and others?

Ok, I'll quit whining, for now, and just post it:

Lead:
    China broadens espionage operations

By John Diamond, USA TODAY
    WASHINGTON China is running aggressive and wide-ranging espionage operations aimed at stealing U.S. weapons technology that could be useful against U.S. forces, according to the nation's top spy-catchers.
    Link:
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...spionage_x.htm

and another link on a related story about the Taiwanese business man caught:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...iwan-man_x.htm

Also, I realize China is not the only country involved in this against the US, and I am willing to bet someone's paycheck, that our country has it's share of espionage going on right now as well. And I take it that average frack Joe American can't do anything about this, except whine and craft conspiracy theories. And I whine because our own weapons and technology can be used against us (very Art of War like), by being either stolen and sold illegally or worse, sold legally - by our own government.

/shuttin'up... fer now
    \"We\'re the middle children of history.... no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We\'ve all been raised by television to believe that one day we\'ll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won\'t. And we\'re learning slowly that fact. And we\'re very, very pissed off.\" - Tyler (Brad Pitt) Fight Club.

I'm surprise that they didn't mention Isreal in the list of countrys. These types of reports are why i find american media so funny. Everything is hyped up to the hilt.
    Everyones know that this has been going on for ever. Every country in the world has an intelligence agency. Even the vatican.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

MURACU

Come here whilst I plant a "UK Eyes Only (2B)" sticker on your forehead.

I'm surprise that they didn't mention Isreal in the list of countrys. These types of reports are why i find american media so funny. Everything is hyped up to the hilt.
    Everyones know that this has been going on for ever. Every country in the world has an intelligence agency. Even the vatican.
    MURACU - shame, shame, shame. I have no idea what you are referring to :

Caught on film: Britney baby bobble feeds tabloid turmoil

NEW YORK (AP) -- Britney Spears stumbled outside a Manhattan hotel, nearly dropping her 8-month-old son and further fueling the ever-growing media scrutiny of her parenting skills.
    Now I can't debate this topic anymore after seeing that from McNews. I can't even keep a straight face right now as I was trying to think of something to write to debate. Nope - I'm done on this one.

Maybe when China becomes the world superpower, or India, or both, I will argue again, because then maybe our media will quit focusing on celeberties and focus on actual news. But then again...
    \"We\'re the middle children of history.... no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We\'ve all been raised by television to believe that one day we\'ll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won\'t. And we\'re learning slowly that fact. And we\'re very, very pissed off.\" - Tyler (Brad Pitt) Fight Club.