Will I be caught???
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will I be caught???

Will I be caught???

Hai friends,

Recently I downloaded and installed lan messenger (which I should'nt have).

Since I do not have permission in C drive, (because I am working in a private firm) I installed the program in Temp and currently we friends are using this software. This is just a lanchat program.

What I really want to know is whether the administrator can monitor what we are chatting?? or whether he can see what programs are installed in my system??

I am attaching the lanchat with this message.

Please help me.
    Williams Antony.

....."A Bend In The Road Is Not The End Of The Road......

Unless You Fail To Make The Turn. "...

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    If the Admin is monitoring network traffic -- and it's a possibility -- then yes, you can be caught.

And please only post a thread once. I deleted the other one (it was in the wrong forum -- Tips and Tricks is for quick tips and tricks you want to suggest to others)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I was unaware of that. anyway thanks friend.
    Is there any possibility of LAN chatting without administrator's knowledge. If yes please help me with that or rather any free lanchat that i can get without installing??

Thanks for you reply.
    Regards,
    Williams Antony.

Williams Anthony,

...(which I should'nt have)...
    ....."A Bend In The Road Is Not The End Of The Road......

Unless You Fail To Make The Turn. "...

Follow the AUP. No long lectures it's time to make the turn to the right.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Of course it is.
    But while I make some change it is also gonna a big change, but A BIG CHANGE will not be acceptable at this time by our officials and I really wanna make a decent change so what you say, make change or make chane.

Thanks for the post.
    Regards,
    WIlliams Antony.

Originally posted here by Williams Antony
    ...Is there any possibility of LAN chatting without administrator's knowledge...
    Since I'm obviously not aware of any other changes you might need to make, it is only this attitude and thought process that is relative. It's not your network. If they thought you needed LAN Chat capabilities, it would have been installed.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Hi
    We do have one, but since we are working in a group. We the people in this group cannot do a private (group chat) chat . And for that particular reason we need one, but since our tech is not taking any steps instead of repeated telling, I think it was safe to do something that they dont like. So any help. What i (we) really wanna something to chat over the LAN we want something that is handy and more reliabe.

Regards,
    Williams Antony.

Dead Man Walking
    It seems to me like your job would be an awfull risk to take for something like this. that is what you are risking if you get caught. I have found that in a situation like this your best bet would be aproach the boss. Give him a good solid case for why you need it. If he thinks its needed he will get it implemented. If he doesnt then you have to take what you have and work with it.

Hai ZomBieMann77
    What I feel now is not to install any lan chatting softwares, but let me ask you something if I dont have any right in C drive, which is the only drive I have in my system then how can I install any new softwares. I tried to install Lan Chat in temp, obviously it worked and was amazed to see the software function. What I really wanted to know by creating a thread is whether our Tech ("who thinks like the entire server and systems in here is from his home") will be able to monitor what i have installed in my system. Since am not using any program files or anything of that sough, like system files, dlls, or any system resources then will it be possible for the "Techy" to monitor what i am doing. What i really wanted to know is whether the messages that are send through the network can be seen by any "Tech people". Will they get a log file of what we are sending. I know that the temp files can be erased by anyone at anytime, but without having another drive, or without having the rights in the above said C drive will i be successful to carry on with this or is there any other way thorugh which we can chat (team members) without administrative knowledge. We have the full fledge access over the internet, but having internet doesnt mean that we have the right to chat without techy's knowledge. Am i right?? Any suggestions..........

Regards,
    Williams Antony.

What i really wanted to know is whether the messages that are send through the network can be seen by any "Tech people"
    Yes, it is possible for them to read traffic sent through their own network. They can read it without you ever knowing it's been intercepted.

The question is: "Do they do it? And, does this System Administrator have the knowledge and interest in installing and using this monitoring software?"

That is something no one on this board can answer. That is something you can't answer. You will never know until the day your boss calls you into his office and says, "I've got something I need to talk to you about...."
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)