Thread: Calling All SysAdmins

Calling All SysAdmins

Hi there,

Is your life really like this ?

http://www.galactic-guide.com/articles/8R11.html
    -

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    Thanks GOD these sort of things are over for me..... Believe me i have face such things during my last JOB.......
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

may be a true story but i turn off my pagers and cell phone after my office hours

demanding that you justify how you spend your time yet again
    and

Repeat ad nauseum until your boss doesn't like your response to one of his "justify your existence" demands and fires you or you die of caffeine poisoning. Oh, and don't bother factoring in any weekends or holidays: You'll be expected to work those too.
    so much true as why we only have to justify our time and existence why not other IT people.

Thanks
    Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

Hey Hey,

I love reading stuff like that because I've worked in helpdesk and also as a sys admin... Yes... your life is no longer your own when you're in the office and you are contacted outside of office hours, however, it's not nearly this bad... A lot of this is going for humour... Read the date on the post.. 1995... This person is trying to be cool... I'd put better chances on me getting struck by lightning on a perfectly clear day than this being real..

Peace,
    HT

HT~

I think that this confirms your suspicions:

http://www.galactic-guide.com/pgg/about/project.php

Hey things aren't that bad these days................I have even seen users who can change the paper in the printer!