libnet.so.0 not found?

Thread: libnet.so.0 not found?

libnet.so.0 not found?

Hey all I am having a bit of trouble installing a few programs that require libnet.so.0 and I tried googling for it and can't seem to find it. I am running SuSE Linux 10.0 and the only one I found was the libnet rpm for SuSE 9.3. Any help with this would be great. Thanks.

-Viral-
    \"They have the internet on computers now?\"

Hi,
    It's possible that libnet.so.0 isn't used with versions of SUSE later than 9.3, and that's why you aren't finding an rpm that provides it for 10.0.

If so, you may have to install these programs from source.

You might want to post to the SUSE english mailing list to see if someone can help.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

I kind of had a feeling about that, so then I guess the progs that require libnet.so.0 just won't work on my distro until I post for it? Well these programs aren't that important I can do without them. hehe.
    Thanks Preacherman.
    -Viral

#!/usr/bin/perl

print "Thread moved to OSs" x138;

^ Slight joke on the fact that I moved this to OSs while doing some Perl that printed We Are 138 11,111,138 times lol.

And as you were told... I agree, ask the SUSE E mailing list as some of the people on there run their own SUSE app web sites for apps they have ported to SUSE and you'll probably find it with one reply.

Trust me I'm a Dr.

You might try installing the 9.3 version to see if it will work. If it gives you problems you can remove it. Just make sure you make a note of the exact rpm name so you can remove it if you have to. If you try to install it and you get error messages, then don't mess with it.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Cool I'll give them both a shot, first the mailing list then the older suse rpm.
    Thanks for the help.

hi,
    i was also confonted with the same problem a time ago but that was a red hat 9 system. libnet.so.0 was present on the system but my program (which i was compiling) was unable to find it. So i opened file (/etc/ld.so.conf) and entered the path where the file was present (path to directory in which libnet.so.0 is present) and the save the file and exit and run 'ldconfig'. I think this will probably solve your problem.

Thanks
    Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

Just Another Geek
    Sometimes symlinking libsomelib.so.12 to libsomelib.so works.. YMMV.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.