I ran tcpdump last night on my home network. Turned off all the PCs save for a W2K server I run and the Linux box running tcpdump. I saved the tcpdump results to a file so I could give it a looksee and I've noticed a lot of traffic between the server and an ISP ip address, which I'm guessing may be a router (not sure though). The typical entry for these packets is:

06:42:24.046391 IP 192.168.1.10.1048 > nr12-216-196-183-105.fuse.net.2509: UDP, length 116

I googled port 2509 udp and came up with a port description of "fjmpss". I tried googling a series of keywords but came up with little. The traffic is very frequent, occurring several times a minute. Every ten or fifteen minutes, it comes back the other way (from the fuse.net address to my server). The length of the packets is almost always 116, sometimes jumps to 276. Also, checked on port 1048 and found it's a "neod2" port, something to do with Sun.

Any ideas what these packets are? I can't say I'm too concerned given it's between my server and the ISP's device, but I'd still like to know. Thanks.