Thread: vista versions

vista versions

hi all,

just was busy downloading the vista. i came across these two versions

1)Microsoft Windows Vista Beta 2 Build 5384.4

2)Windows XP Vista Ultimate Edtion

almost all the files i downloaded from the links given here, somehow the whole thing would get downloaded. and the zipped folder showed that its a 3.1 or 3.2 gb file. but when i would unzip the thing. it would show only a text file. this has happened 5 to 6 times.

now i am trying to download the thing from one of those file sharing sites. its coming in bit by bit.

if its ok, would appreciate if someone could give some link where i can actually download it.

secondly whats the difference between these two?

have already got the product keys from microsoft. but no "iso" file.

thanx
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

Howdy.

You don't unzip the .iso when it's downloaded, you just burn it straight to a blank DVD disc, as making sure that you burn it as an .iso not data ...

well that's what i did anyhow and it installed fine..

holy s****,

so thats what it wants..............

am goin to try again.

I think that this is some good advice:

http://www.windowsitpro.com/mobile/p...partmentID=889

bagggi

As I understand it the first version is the "ordinary" beta 2, whilst the "ultimate" has extra stuff more aimed at a SOHO and small business deployment.

If you have burner software capable of iso burns you should just have to double click the iso file.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

i have nero 7. and usually whenever i download an iso file from the net, it shows up as an iso file to be opened with nero. this one on the other hand showed a zipped or a rar folder. so thats why i was trying to unzip it.
    anyway right clicking it (i wonder why i didnt try this before) it showed "open with" winrar or image file, and it opened the image in nero. i burnt it. and it installed fine.
    thanx to everyone.

everything is up and running. except for the ati graphics card which vista didnot pick up.
    now surprisingly ati has beta drivers for vista. i downloaded that and installed it.

it still hasnt picked it up

Hi mate!

Have you tried looking on the Dell site? Dell are a company I am particularly wary of using generic or third party drivers with.

hey.

so far...
    with the small programs....
    1) spybot running but not downloading updates. says "checksum error"and avast antivirus also not updating.
    2) i used to use this "tuneup utilites" to clean up registry and fine tune the windows. that has failed misrabily
    3) real player has some compatibility problem(maybe they didnt pay microsoft enough). still runs though.
    4) updating windows was fast
    5) i forced the xp drivers for ati display. running ok now.
    infact i forced xp drivers for keyboard, mouse, pci too
    6) nero is still recording. nero home has some startup issues. i dontknow what.
    7) the system if put into hibernation, sometimes doesnt come back to life. it has to be restarted. then it wants to get into safe mode.
    8) there is something i couldnt put my finger on.... the system sits ideal for sometime. i mean the cpu usage is normal(2-5%). then suddenly it shoots up. goes to 60-80%. for no reason at all.
    9) the system takes toooo long to startup.
    10) directx 10 is on the way. meaning better gaming. but still nowhere in sight.

windows keep asking you for everything. "are you sure you want to do this or that"
    of course i want to, thats why i clicked it.......