Thread: PowerSupplies to avoid / generics

PowerSupplies to avoid / generics

Well, based on my experiences gave me an idea as to a guide as to what psus are well known for being generic/crap, feel free to add to the list

Crappy generics that i've come across:

A-Power
    Achieve
    Aerocool
    Allied
    Cleverpower
    Codegen
    Coolmax
    CWT
    Deer
    Demon
    Devanni
    Duro
    Dynapower
    E-power
    Eagle
    Enlight
    FuturePower
    Hairong
    HiPro
    Hyena
    Icute
    Inwin
    Kingwin
    JSP
    JustPC
    L&C
    Leadman
    Linkworld
    Lion
    Logic Concept
    Macron
    MGE
    Mustang
    Novia
    Olympic
    Power-Up
    Powmax
    Q-TEC
    Raidmax
    Rhycom
    Skyhawk
    Turbo Links
    Ultra
    Viomax
    Yahoima

PSUs from reputable names that i've seen TOO much failures to be normal:

Antec Truepower : 430W version of this series, tens of failures in the last 2 or so years, not average imo

Antec Smartpower : No matter wattage, i would immediately change this from any case i get with it. All of mine are dead and alot of my clients have been hurt from it as well, from simply not working to smoking up the place and carrying components with it or simply chirping to death.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Funny you should bring this up, my desktop just died. I should have picked up on the signs.... page faults in a nonpaged area.. and Irq errors but on a system running 3vid cards to run 4 "21" monitors one card being ATI other two being nvida... im used to this kind of stuff about once a month. The PSU i had was a mad dog. I didn't buy it, it was given to me. It just up and turned off any further tampering causes it to trip the breaker... Sad thing is i think the only psu i have extra is an antech smart power im gonna have to take the chance. After losing a dvd rw drive and a psu both from mad dog id add them to your list.
    ...."Cant stop the signal Mel, Every thing goes some where and i go every where."...... "From here to the eyes and the ears of the verse, thats my motto or might be if i start having a motto" - Mr. Universe "Serenity"

The Antec ones are a worry my friend, as you can normally be confident with their stuff?

"Eagle"............ wot's wrong with them?............. I just have a rubber panel beater's mallet to start my one............... the fan can be a bit "reluctant"

EDIT: Let's be fair folks..................it is 5 years old??????????????
    Last edited by nihil; December 27th, 2006 at 01:34 PM.