Hey Hey,

Seeing how it's been a little slow around here this weekend, I thought I'd see how everyone would respond to a question I posed a few hours ago to my girlfriend and my father...

We live in a 5-plex (of sorts)... It's an old house converted... We have the basement (1200sq feet of low ceilings)... There are two apartments on the main floor (600sq feet each) and two on 2nd floor... The person who has the apartment directly above our livingroom (I don't know them)... is learning guitar.... better yet, they've decided to learn on an electric guitar... the current riff they know (and they only know one or two) consists of about 15 notes and then repeats... We wake up to this, listen to it all day and go to sleep to it (apparently they have no job because they're always playing this God damn riff).... We've been tolerable of it... This morning however, they decided they needed some assitance keeping time and we woke to this absoluately amazing guitar player stomping their foot in time with their playing... (apparently a metronome that ticks is out of the question)... Also it seems they've brought home a new piece of music from their lessons... an actual song... (The power chords to My Sharona)... and they also brought home a friend.... who happens to have a djembe or bong's (hand drum of some sort).. Now I have a guitar and a drum (and several other instruments) but I don't play them... Occasionally the piano or electric guitar are played but using headphones... and if no headphones are used it's the acoustic guitar with no pick to minimize the noise... this person upstairs is continually turning their amp up as well.. with no regard for anyone else..

So as you can see, I've attached a poll.... I'm listing them in my order of preference in carrying them out...

The actual result was banging on the ceiling and playing my guitar with the amp pointed at their floor... However immediately after I stopped they started again.. only with less guitar and more drum/foot stomping... so now I may have to escalate this.... I've decided to see how AOers would handle it... given the options I've come up with.

Peace,
HT