windows key?

Thread: windows key?

windows key?

we are going to order a new windows xp media center cd. we will be installing into 2-3 computers.

my question is can we install from the same cd. now that microsoft is doing that WGA thing. will the same cd key work in all three computers.

am asking this because i had recently installed windows xp pro on one of the computers and used the cd key which i already had for last 2 years. everything went fine till the computer updated windows, then on start up i got this error

STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)
    The Windows Logon Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x0000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

then everything would shut down.
    we installed the windows again and disabled the updates. this always happenes after the updates.

is it something to do with the cd key. so far the key has been used 6-7 times before and the other computers have been running ok.

or do we tell microsoft before buying that we will be installing in more computers....
    you are entering the vicinity of an area adjecent to the location.

STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)
    The Windows Logon Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x0000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.
    Howdy.

I recieved that error, on one of the machines at work, then after a reboot that you got a pirated version appeared.
    And now it's pumping that error screen on a regular basis, it's not hardware related as it's a new machine and i've tested all the parts independitly on other machines.

So someone's used the key on there own machines and thus now i've got 1 unlegit copy of XP .

So i've guessing that you will need to purchase seperate keys for each machine..

f2B

Just Another Geek
    AFAIK you'll need 1 key per computer. You can install from the same install CD as long as each computer has a different key.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.