Thread: Is yahoo Messenger still vulnerable?

Is yahoo Messenger still vulnerable?

I wonder if Yahoo messenger still vulnerable with its new version? And is there any " small programme" to exploit buffer over flow in this version?
    Living is fighting

Still vulnerable to what, exactly?

Have you checked Bugtraq to see if there are any vulnerabilities associated with the newest version of Yahoo Messenger?
    - Maverick

Just Another Geek
    How about reading the changelog to see what's fixed?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Originally posted here by Maverick811
    Still vulnerable to what, exactly?

Have you checked Bugtraq to see if there are any vulnerabilities associated with the newest version of Yahoo Messenger?
    I mean, in the previous version. when everybody chat with other poeple. "Other" can use some software to popup many of other window to make the other one's box hang up.
    May be the newest version don't infected about that.

And where is the Bugtraq? I don't know where I can find the Bugtraq? Did you mean in this website?

How about reading the changelog to see what's fixed
    What do you mean the changelog?
    Living is fighting

http://www.securityfocus.com/ hosts bugtraq. You can sign up for a mail list if you'd like.

And a changelog is usually a text file in the program directory that explains what has been "fixed" for the latest version.

peace
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted here by KorpDeath
    http://www.securityfocus.com/ hosts bugtraq. You can sign up for a mail list if you'd like.

And a changelog is usually a text file in the program directory that explains what has been "fixed" for the latest version.

peace
    I wanna check some other sites. I've already know securityfocus a long time!

But I still don't know what changelog is until now
    Thanks.
    I've just want to know if anybody know about any other vulnerable of Yahoo Messenger. Cheer!
    Living is fighting