Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free NEW Encryption Algorithm

Lightbulb Free NEW Encryption Algorithm

This algorithm is known as the Son of the Tsars Algorithm and is donated into the public domain.
    Chose any 2 primes such that a=b=5 mod 12. Let n= a mod b and x=plaintext and c=cyphertext.
    c=x^3 mod n and x=c^((a+1)/6) mod n=c^((b+1)/6) mod n. This algorithm is faster than the Rabin and could compete with the RSA.

Lightbulb Free NEW Encryption Algorithm

This algorithm is known as the Son of the Tsars Algorithm and is donated into the public domain.
    Chose any 2 primes such that a=b=5 mod 12. Let n= a mod b and x=plaintext and c=cyphertext.
    c=x^3 mod n and x=c^((a+1)/6) mod n=c^((b+1)/6) mod n. This algorithm is faster than the Rabin and could compete with the RSA.

have you got a link with more info,

I can't seem to google anything usefull..
    I'd like to read more..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

have you got a link with more info,

I can't seem to google anything usefull..
    I'd like to read more..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Banned
    explainify or tip me off to a good site on algorithms etc cause sa=sdaf3f=23fw^69 is too nerdy for me right now

No tests have been done as far as I can tell on the strengths of this system, at the moment it has just been subbmitted by some guy on a google group. Until serious study has been done or at least some proper documentation written about how it works then no one would bother taking it up.

P.S. I'm running it through MAPLE with the same scripting that i would use for RSA testing so I will post results

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Originally posted here by bAgZ
    Found this:

http://groups.google.de/group/sci.cr...800c8dc742c2d7

It's a joke.
    Can you shed some insight to those of us not mathematically gifted? Or explain how you know it's a joke, and let us in on said joke...I mean, besides Luc the Perverse at sci.crypt said so?!?

There's a lot of discussion further on that, to someone who is *not* in that level of the math, looks like these folks are clearly debating a serious point. Anyone got any info that's relevant?
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

How this works.

Whenever you see the term mod it means the remainder you were taught in school. For example, 6 divided by 7 equals 0 remainder 6. SO let us choose primes 137 and 89. Both have remainder 5 when divided by twelve. The modulo of 137 to 89 is 48.

Let us choose plaintext value 13. Take 15 to the 15 power (89+1)/6=15. (I switched the encryption and decryption algorithms, sorry.) and take the remainder of that divided by 48. You get 32. Take 32^3 mod 48 and you get 15.

Re: How this works.

Originally posted here by Overlord_77520
    Whenever you see the term mod it means the remainder you were taught in school. For example, 6 divided by 7 equals 0 remainder 6. SO let us choose primes 137 and 89. Both have remainder 5 when divided by twelve. The modulo of 137 to 89 is 48.

Let us choose plaintext value 13. Take 15 to the 15 power (89+1)/6=15. (I switched the encryption and decryption algorithms, sorry.) and take the remainder of that divided by 48. You get 32. Take 32^3 mod 48 and you get 15.
    I think the concern here is that people are not going to use the algorithm you supplied because it is free. What proof is there that this is a good algorithm?

I am not going to say it isn't, just prove to us it is using more than that.

-Deeboe
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

http://tazforum.**********.com/