Thread: For a different browser

For a different browser

I have been trying out this "Seamonkey 1.0.1 Beta" http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seam...eamonkey1.0.1/

It has the look and feel of "Netscape"...has it's own Mail Client and IRC Chat feature. Seems to perform just as fast as Firefox..has limited Extensions and Themes.

Works well...has an cookie manager/image manager/Pop up manager/form manager/download manager/password manager.
    Has the java console/java script console/java script debugger/DOM inspector...it has a feature for those who lose or corrupt their profiles and forget to import, by providing remote profile storage on a roaming access server.

Overall it seems to work fine...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Hey Hey,

1.0.2 is out (http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/releases/)...

It's amusing but it's basically Firefox... every vuln that comes out that affects firefox also affects seamonkey.... I've done a few installs of it and have it on most of my machines for testing... It's a little too plain.. it's like a Flashback to Netscape 4...

It's nice to see an all in one again though.

Peace,
    HT

It's nice to see an all in one again though.
    There are advantages and disadvantages. m$ is criticized often of releasing an "all in one" product and limiting competition.

I REALLY like Firefox for its basic browser. There are select few extentions that I need.

I still beleive the two can coexist without much issue. Some people want a "what if I need that feature" product. And, some people want the "give me the basics and I'll find what else I need" product.

Just because I personally like the basics doesn't mean that I don't recommend the "all in one" product to my friends and family.

It is all based on needs.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Originally posted here by phishphreek80
    There are advantages and disadvantages. m$ is criticized often of releasing an "all in one" product and limiting competition.

I REALLY like Firefox for its basic browser. There are select few extentions that I need.

I still beleive the two can coexist without much issue. Some people want a "what if I need that feature" product. And, some people want the "give me the basics and I'll find what else I need" product.

Just because I personally like the basics doesn't mean that I don't recommend the "all in one" product to my friends and family.

It is all based on needs.
    Oh I agree... I never use all-in-ones... I use Firefox and occasionally IE for browsing... BitchX or IRC or XChat for IRC, Outlook for mail (nothing can compete with it regardless of what others say)... but yeah...

I kinda like the all-in-one feature of this one, I used to use Thunderbird and Fire Fox . I am also trying out the IE7 Beta, which is not too bad on it's own either.

Yeah I noticed the "Netsacape" feel right from the start, and after using Firefox since inception, was a little confusing even if it's the same people doing both, as some of the options and preferences were moved around.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson