Random Links, Pics, And Rants

Thread: Random Links, Pics, And Rants

The Recidivist

Random Links, Pics, And Rants

I really don't post here anymore but over the last few days I have read and seen a couple of things I thought was kinda cool and figured I would pass on. Just some random things.

This is one of my favorites. Its about Dubai. This city has grown massively in the past 13 years and will soon be the home of the world's talest building. It also has other arch. features that I'm sure you have seen on TV such as the 2 man-made (and the largest in the world) islands that are shapped like Palm Trees in a ring. The also created another series of islands shaped like a globe. Here is a link to a Flickr slide show about Dubai.

I'm always looking through /. and on rare occasions someone actually makes an intelligent comment. This one the other day was just so damn great I had to post it here.

Just a nibble :
    In case you haven't been paying attention for the last seven years, it may interest you to know: You are being systematically ****ed. The press has been bought off; they will do nothing to help you. There is only one person left who can do something about it...

But, you see s/he's too busy, and can't be bothered, at least not yet. See, there was the American Idol finale a couple weeks ago where whatshisface (or was it whatsherface?) won, thanks to your attentive help and eager phone calls. Oh! And, and missing the final episodes of Survivor, Will and Grace, The Amazing Race, and House were simply unthinkable! And then there was "March Madness" back in... uh, March, I guess...

And last one. I'm also a big fan of Hack A Day

The following quote is taken from here

The folks from See-Security have gotten the Metasploit Framework running on a Linksys WRTSL54GS. They were inspired after seeing the Hacker Pimps pen-testing firmware, which we’ve covered before. The Metasploit Framework is used to develop and execute exploit code against target machines. The See-Security team ran into trouble getting Metasploit running due to RAM limitations. This particular model of router has a USB port so they were able to create swap space on a flash drive. The web interface worked as well once they set the bind address to the gateway IP. They’ve got all the steps you need to do this starting with OpenWRT.

Well, back to the hospital to continue my vigil. My daughter contracted MRSA and we have been @ the hospital know for 37 days w/at least another 6 weeks to go. We're out of the danger zone now....just healing. I'll post some pics sooner or later.

"Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

A part of my company makes parts for that island, Sorry to hear about your daughter
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

My son was born with a staph infection, some of the most harrowing weeks of my life. My thoughts are with you, although it's a little after the fact now. Good luck, and keep strong, it's very hard to deal with that kind of situation. Just know that while yours is going to come home, some of the other little ones won't make it home with their parents, and let that make her more special to you everyday.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.