Remember Cindy Sheehan?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remember Cindy Sheehan?

Remember Cindy Sheehan?

Last week Cindy Sheehan said in Melbourne that "Bobby Kennedy was assassinated by the war machine in my country."
    http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/...3623-8379r.htm

http://www.answers.com/topic/sirhan-sirhan
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    She is insane.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

man i wish the news would stop following her around. even though my heart goes out to her she brings such dishonor on her hero son.

up in heaven he's probly nicknamed "pinwheel"
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Lets see, she says something boneheaded and no one dies, no one gets hurt, some people get their feelings hurt.

The guy at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave makes a series of boneheaded allegations of WMD and 2300+ service people die, thousands more are injured and misserved by a VA system, and We have mortgaged our grandkids futures to rebuild a country that we took apart.

And now the greatest crisis facing our country.... 2 gay people are committed to each other.

I think I'd rather hear Cyndi Sheehan's misstatements, I can think of no greater dishonor than killing someone.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I can think of no greater dishonor than killing someone
    So there is a pilot out there that dropped the bomb on Zarqawi that is utterly dishonored this morning according to you... You need to get a grasp on reality...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Actually my grip on reality is quite good, I just didn't phrase that as well as I was thinking it, what i meant and should have said was...

There is no greater way of dishonoring someone other than killing him.

In which case the pilot wasn't himself honored or dishonored , it's just that he or the superiors that gave him his orders didn't honor Zarqawi, and rightfully so.

I obviously needed more coffee this morning.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Coffee excuse accepted...

I still think your reality differs from the "norm"... Her incessant screeching about things she has no idea about dishonor her son far more than the fact he died in combat.
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Im gonna break my rule and post only this: I agree with TS.

/runs away ashamed, since I just posted a " I agree post"
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Well seeings as how it is her "son" who did two tours and gave the "ultimate" sacrifice, I would say she should be shown a little more respect, you don't see W's kids over there slogging it out with the zealots who want to kill every service person they see..

She started out like any other Mom who's son or daughter has given the ultimate sacrifice, her only mistake was allowing herself to be a pawn in the political arena, I applauded her initial resolve when trying to confront the "Commander in Chief" at his play ranch, I watched as news outlets such as Fox, vilify her in the media, she_lost_her_Son_...walk a mile in her shoes....or at least dig deeper to see who is pulling her strings (puppet maters) to push their political agendas...

She "Honours" her son the only way she knows how, by keeping his memory alive.....the public has a tendancy to forget these men and women who give the Ultimate Sacrifice unless it is close to home...(Son,Brother,Father,Uncle,Mother,Daughter,Aunt,Sister) once the next election is over, she'll get dropped...but she will still have the memories of her Son.

Think on this...when you are a parent...the one thought that worries us more then anything else... is out living our children....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

her only mistake was allowing herself to be a pawn in the political arena,
    Yes sir... and by doing so she has dishonored the memory of her son.

As a parent of a child that dies in combat your primary responsibility has to be to the child not yourself, as your relationship with that child should have been since it's birth. If you do anything at another's "advice" that might make your child look less "worthy" in the eyes of his/her country you do the _ultimate_ dishonor to your child... You reject his/her values as the parent... That's unacceptable....