Netbios Not enough storage space

Thread: Netbios Not enough storage space

Netbios Not enough storage space

Howdy,

I have been running my network drives without problem until about 20mins ago, now i cannot map my xp drives in 2000 pro? i keep getting this error not enough storage space to process this command, now i know its the right username and login as i get his message when they are correct, it repeats the login screen without a correct match? any ideas on what this is and how i can get around it. I can map my 2000 drives in XP, but thats not really a solution i need. Everything else works fine, the network ips are the exact same its just the netbios shares are stuffed when trying to map on 2000, only changes are the xp system just had PGP desktop installed.

Thanks
    edit that does not indicate a right use name as passwd like originally thought

Just Another Geek
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

No, no go with that, its being caused by pgp desktop, its somehow blocking off access to the network shares, i can bring a list of shares up under linux and windows, but i always get error messages after i try and connect.

Just Another Geek
    If you're so sure it's pgp desktop why not uninstall it to see if the problem goes away..
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Originally posted here by SirDice
    If you're so sure it's pgp desktop why not uninstall it to see if the problem goes away..
    Because he's a w0mbat, and w0mbats arn't that very smart.

Computers certainly make me feel stupid at times , i uninstalled pgp, mapped one drive successfully, but now my usb drive is not mapping, someone must have an idea about this, the shares show up fine, netbios is working.. it must be my XP box.. anyy suggestion, only thing that stands out right now is it appears that the drive might be trying to map itself as a folder?

Fixed, if anyone has the same problem, its caused by AV prgrams, you need todo the following.

1. Start regedit.
    2. Navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\lanmanserver\parameters.
    3. Double-click IRPStackSize (or if this registry setting doesn't
    exist, create it with type DWORD and ensure the case is correct).
    4. Change the base to decimal, set the value to 15, and click OK.
    5. Reboot the computer.