Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The RETURN of IRC

it's dissapointing really..

i would of thought it would be busy 24/7 but now it's lucky if there are actually 2 or more people actually talking, other then idling...

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    At its peak, there were about 10 people there. I sat on the channel and noticed that one or two would drop off each day. I stopped going there last week.

I really thought it would work out but again, it isn't getting advertised like the old official site.

--Th13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I notice that there aren't any people logging in anymore ...It's a shame though ...Would've been great .

.C.
    Back when I was a boy, we carved our own IC's out of wood.

I would have to conclude that it will never succeed until JupM is willing to support it. It's a shame they don't... wouldn't really cost them anything.

The opers don't even show up anymore... that doesn't help either.

All it needs is a little one-line text on the fron page here, even if it's only viewable by registered members, and it would fare a lot better.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

well, the problem is.. if you all remember long ago enough, JP or Brad or evil_enchilada or kk... etc.. one of those operators was ALWAYS online and enjoyed it. I really don't think we have that kind of community anymore. Personally, I just think its a lack of close knit stuff that we used to have here.

Whenever I went there there was usually 5 - 10 peeps logged on..but 0 peeps actually talking...I got a bit paranoid and thought everyone was just private messaging each other behind my back and left...glad to see it wasnt just me!

Think I only ever spoke to cem on there properly...boring git..

Originally posted here by Nokia
    Whenever I went there there was usually 5 - 10 peeps logged on..but 0 peeps actually talking...I got a bit paranoid and thought everyone was just private messaging each other behind my back and left...glad to see it wasnt just me!

Think I only ever spoke to cem on there properly...boring git..
    Hey I think I said a couple of things, changed my nick alot, sbout it...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

there's currently 3 people in there now. Ht myself and foting, whomever that is.?

come one come all it's AO IRC time.

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    If I wanted to go on IRC how would I go about doing it? I have never really messed around on IRC. and what is the AO IRC room called?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Depending on your OS.... Well if you have Linux you have IRC already, of you have Mac you should have it too, but if you have Windows, you'll need to download a client. MIRC seems to be popular.

You download that and go to:

irc.freenode.net

/join #antionline

And there you go.

I go on from time to time but I could this week, too many appointments.