Help with web site
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with web site

Unhappy Help with website

Hi ,
    I am new , I own a hotel and a travel agency is some who receiving my clients and I want to stop them,I am looking for a good computar person to check out how they are doing it and would like to update my website, I am in costa rica and need help from a great computar person,I want to be the first wesite the people find when they look up our area.If anyone can help,contact me.
    Chloe

Hi ,
    I own a hotel and a travel agency is some how connnected to my website and emails, Can anyone help? I want to stop this and am not a computar person,if anyone knows how to sop this, Can anyone help with this problem, some how this company is linked to my website and is stealing my clients.

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by chloe7
    Hi ,
    I own a hotel and a travel agency is some how connnected to my website and emails, Can anyone help? I want to stop this and am not a computar person,if anyone knows how to sop this, Can anyone help with this problem, some how this company is linked to my website and is stealing my clients.
    How about starting your own thread instead of hijacking someone else's? While you're at it.. Supply us with all the information you can.. Like, how do you know this is happening? What's running, OS, services etc..
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Hi Chloe, and welcome to AO.

I think that I understand you, but I am not too sure how it is happening at present.

Someone is stealing your customers? You say you have a website, do you take your customer bookings through this website, or do yo use e-mail/fax/telephone/mail?

Is it that someone actually goes to your website and then gets diverted to another site who takes the custom?

What have you noticed that makes you think that this is happening?

Banned
    I merged all the hijackings into this one...

Thanks Negative ,

I am not sure if this is website security, but let us wait for some answers first.

I live in a tourist resort and I have actually come across this sort of thing before

I think that I have asked the right preliminary business questions?

Smile Hi from Chloe

First of all, i know nothing of computars or websites. I found you guys because I noticed things happening on my website and emails,I am in lonelyplanet and alot of other guide books,people email me for a reservation and somehow end up with this other company, I am only asking if any of you computar people know if this is possible,Can someone hook a link or something to a hotel and steal emails from a website or email,or am I just nuts. I get an email from someone and the next day , I get a call from a travel agency asking if I have room avaliable, they fax me with the persons name and it is the same name that I got the email from,Can they be connected to my website?

AOs Resident Troll
    Can someone hook a link or something to a hotel and steal emails from a website or email,
    Well yes...this can happen...

What I would do first is change your passwords for your web site and your email....see if it still happens

Does anyone else know your password for your email????

Maybe it is someone you work with??? I have seen many businesses with a common password...that everyone knows

Or maybe the client is just searching out places to stay.....and then contacts thier travel agent to book.....???

Next would be to ensure that your computers you use to access these things are not compromised...meaning they dont have some virus\spyware\malware on your machine that is logging your activity...

You may want to hire someone that knows more about computers\websites\email to handle this....and to make sure your web server and\or email server is not being accessed by said unauthorized persons??

Cause we need way more information to help out....such as

Is the server your website is being hosted on ...secure...patched???

How do you get your email???

What operating system do you run to get your email ....windows 98\2000\xp??

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Hi from chloe

My website was set up by the guy that made almost everyone's in this small town ,He quit doing website's now, could he have linked my website or email address to this travel company that also works in the same to town ,He worked for then too ,they are here too? Where can I look it up and how do I change it

Hi from chloe

What is malware? and how do I change passwords on my website? I do believe someone is tracking my website activity,so how do I stop that? do any of you know someone to help