This is fricken scary

Thread: This is fricken scary

AOs Resident Troll

This is fricken scary

Usually, they will simply copy and paste a published exploit with their own payload. But, it looks like they are now reverse-engineering the patches themselves,",1895...06dtx1k0000599

geez.....clever little bastards...

At least they need the released patch us a little bit of a chance

How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

In some cases, banner advertisements on Web sites can be used to deliver the payload to vulnerable, unpatched machines.
    Scary, very Scary indeed.

none the less interesting article. something i know i will be keeping an eye on.

United Kingdom: Bridlington
    Actually Morgana~ this has being going on for several years to my knowledge.

MS would issue a patch and malware would appear almost immediately to exploit unprotected systems. OK this wasn't skiddies, these people could decompile and analyse the fix. Naturally this is a lot easier than discovering the vulnerability yourself.

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    So...the solution is???

I don't think there is any solution except to make sure you get patches installed as soon as they come out. The moral of this story is that laggards will suffer the consequences.

As far as the "Banner thing," it's good to stay away from dodgy web sites, but then again, even legitimate web sites have been commandeered for nefarious aims.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)