first solo reload on a cisco series 12000

Thread: first solo reload on a cisco series 12000

first solo reload on a cisco series 12000

Hi guys,
    Here i am at 4h50 am ten minutes away from my first reload on a router thats in production to update it. The router is a cisco series 12000 so it is pretty big. Most of the interfaces are our peers so if it screws up it will mean that a lot of the traffic between europe and the usa will be interupted for a couple of minutes till the network finds a new route. So Any advice, I still have 5 minutes before i hit reload. Of course if it does go to boll***k I wont have time to check any replies. So wish me luck.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

AOs Resident Troll
    Sorry...not familiar with what you are doing...but cant you export the existing configuration...then reload if it f&cks up????

Something I do with the piddly little routers I work with

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

I'm not too familar with it either but what you say is basically true. You take a snapshot of the router before you reload and then check that the snapshot you take afterwards is the same. I change over from being a microsoft systems admin to pure networking a couple of months ago, as part of my long term career plan, so i am still learning the ropes. In any case every thing went well so I can relax for a while .
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)