Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: creating a CDFS partition, or a cdrom partition

Hi LA, thanks for the info. Shortly after my last posts to this thread, I got a HUGE influx of work, and have spent very little time doing further research on that aspect. I've been fairly happy just running the executable I made to sequentially access the individual apps. I will, however, need to revisit these issues in the not-too-distant future.

The Lexar "flip removable bit" item sounds interesting, but I don't have a sandbox set up on this computer, so nothing personal, but I won't be downloading that until I have a safe place to open it and crawl around in it's innards before letting it loose anywhere important!

I do thank you for making it available, and I look forward to investigating what part of the app controls that removable bit and what it is really talking to and changing to make that happen.

If/when I find anything, I'll post here. It may be a few months... but it'll show.

DX

Has anyone been able to figure this out? This would really help me. I need to be able to create a CDFS partition on a standard USB memory stick along with a FAT partition. Thanks!

Why not just buy a U3 enabled drive............they are not that expensive.

http://www.u3.com/

I have never heard of anyone getting it to work on a standard USB drive so I guess that it is part of the manufacturing process. I know that you can customise the software but AFAIK you need an enabled drive first.

Quote Originally Posted by LewisAudio
    I've been trying to accomplish the same goal, and have come to the same brick wall. Have you had any developments lately? Some of the tips you give here are great, thanks.

I also pursued making a jump drive bootable, thinking that would get me closer. It worked, but still no autorun capabilities. Here are the two utilities I found to do it (if you don't already have them). This is the one made by HP (follow link), and the other is a Lexar utility (file attached), but it is my understanding that they will work on any drive.

What is very interesting is that the Lexar utility has a "Flip Removable Bit" button. I know, seems like exactly what we are looking for, but I have not been able to get it to make the drive autorun when inserted. Maybe you will have better results. Let me know what you find out.
    You wrote something about the Lexar Utility, but I can't find an atachment.
    has anyone a link for me where I can get this util?

btw: I'm working at the same problem that is discussed in this thread!

Talking lexar_usb_format.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Ephi
    You wrote something about the Lexar Utility, but I can't find an atachment.
    has anyone a link for me where I can get this util?

btw: I'm working at the same problem that is discussed in this thread!
    I found it here:
    http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.p...pe=post&id=369
    This is the full post, where I found it:
    http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.p...t=#entry103213