Thread: SMS SMTP gateway errors

SMS SMTP gateway errors

I had installed Symantec Mail Security for SMTP gateway ver 5 on RHEL AS 3.0.

The problem is, I can't update the virus definition. Here is the logs says "The JLU process appears to be hanging and will be terminated."

How can I resolve this problem?

Well "JLU" is "java live update".

I believe that there is also a facility called "Intelligent Update" which is a manual process. I am not sure if it is available for your particular product, but if it is, I would try it. I know that Norton suggest it if you have problems with JLU.

What I am suggesting is that we find out if this is just a JLU issue, or if there are other problems such as a corrupt installation?

The updates success after 2 hours(I enabled automatic updates to updates every hour). MTA also can run after the 2 hours too (before this i can't start the service). I still can't figure out how this things happen..

Before this, I also try to update using manual process update, but unsuccessful.

I think its not corrupt installation because I install it in 2 box. Both facing the same problem.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    on two boxes ?
    using same key ?

are they both on same network ?
    do you have this issue if you pull one from network ?
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Hi kitaserupa2000 ,

I still can't figure out how this things happen..
    This is a pure guess, and I might well be wrong (I frequently am ). You were having problems with updating your anti-virus and with your MTA.

That suggests a temporary connectivity problem that was most likely at your ISP/Telco. This would explain why it suddenly started to work

I would recommend that you monitor the situation for a few days, just in case there are local factors involved.

on two boxes ? ...yes
    using same key ?...yes

are they both on same network ?..yes
    do you have this issue if you pull one from network ?..not yet done. but, what the purpose to pull one from network?

That suggests a temporary connectivity problem that was most likely at your ISP/Telco. This would explain why it suddenly started to work
    I think its not..when I look into firewall logs..it says "Connection reset by client". So what i'm thinking is maybe this error related to JLU that being hanging. Why this thing hanging?

Well,

"Connection reset by client"
    Usually means that the application crashed or the connection was improperly terminated.

Were you attempting to update the two machines at the same time? that could cause problems with some remote databases. It is possible that some sort of conflict arose, given that your two machines would possibly seem to be the same.

Is it working OK now?

If it happens again, try to check on your resource usage, as that would be a potential cause of MTA not being able to start.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    ignore me

missed the RHEL
    PM recieved to point that out

I was thinking that it was a SOHO affair
    and that if you have two copies running o a single license
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone