Thread: Shock or no?: Gates to leave day-to-day role at Microsoft

Exclamation Shock or no?: Gates to leave day-to-day role at Microsoft

Interesting:

Gates to leave day-to-day role at Microsoft

Chairman to devote more time to charitable works.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Microsoft announced Thursday that chairman and co-founder Bill Gates will transition out of a day-to-day role at the company, effective July 2008, to spend more time working on his charitable foundation.
    http://money.cnn.com/2006/06/15/tech...news/index.htm

I wonder what impact this will have...
    \"We\'re the middle children of history.... no purpose or place. We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We\'ve all been raised by television to believe that one day we\'ll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won\'t. And we\'re learning slowly that fact. And we\'re very, very pissed off.\" - Tyler (Brad Pitt) Fight Club.

It is quite surprising.. Although it had to happen eventually? And I'm not surprised he is retiring in 2 years' time (July 2008, to be precise)..

An article with a slightly different twist to it was posted on Linux-Watch a few hours before that CNN article.. See it here: Is Gates' retirement Linux's chance?

I have nothing to comment on that article

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.