Thread: need help with browser n stuff

need help with browser n stuff

hi guys,need help with firefox and tor.

i had tried to install the latest tor release,but it didn't install properly over my current one,so i uninstalled it,along with privoxy and my firefox browser,in an attempt to start affresh.

but now when i reinstall firefox after uninstalling it fully as well as deleting wots left after,it still has all my plugins there.something appears to be left of tor as well because whenever i tried to reinstall that and restarted my system,it would say that something was already using the ports that i think privoxy uses.

how do i get rid of this crap n start again,as i have some stuff on my hard drive i'd rather not lose and have no discs left....sorry if this is in the wrong place but i'm kinda desperate.

You deleted all folders for Mozilla MyComputer\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox < this will hold about 8 to 9 folders including some other random type files, just select the Mozilla Firefox if still there and delete then make sure to empty recycle folder...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

already done that buddy,for both firefox and tor/privoxy,could there be something embedded within windows still??

what sort of files do i look for with this sort of thing?

because i can't install a fresh firefox or tor anymore

The only other thing is maybe this: # Firefox 1.5 and later: Delete the "Firefox" folder containing the profile "cache" folder and "XUL.mfl" file, located here: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Uninstalling_Firefox

Or if you are using Win Xp try doing a system restore. go back to a point just before doing the install for Tor and see if that clears it up.

How to System Restore Information

Luck...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

hey astra
    did you cleared the registery regarding firefox or not. try doing that with the help of some registery cleaner. registery cleaner could easily be found on google or it comes embeded eith some antivirus software also.

Try Ccleaner for a registry fix. Besides being a great temp file cleaner, it's got a nice registry repair option: click the "Issues" button and run 'er.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers