Thread: Windows XP @ 8Mhz???

Windows XP @ 8Mhz???

Check this german web site:

http://winhistory.de/more/386/xpmini_eng.htm

They must have done this for the braggin rights alone, since IIRC correctly Tom's Hardware did feature a pentium 100 Mhz running WinXP.

crazy stuff..

Ive heard of underclocking..but hell..

30mins to boot to desktop..ouch.. and 100% cpu usage all the way.....
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Hey fronties~

You guys been hibernating down in OZ?

I posted that about two months ago

I cant speak for f2b..but yeh.. could say hibernating.. had me head stuck so far up the back end of a power station project.. that I didnt know it what the time was until half past June..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Originally posted here by nihil
    Hey fronties~

I posted that about two months ago
    Hey Johnno..

Oops my bad

Hi fronties~

Just having a laugh sport. Actually it is an interesting post in its own right. My original was in a discussion about preferred hardware configurations for XP. I usually recommend 512Mb RAM and a processor PIII/733 or better.

Someone pointed out that it will run on much less so I posted that to show just how much less it would run on

I think that the best I have at the moment is Win 95 running on a Gateway 2000 with a Cyrix 386 processor and 8Mb of RAM (the 30 pin stuff!!!). I say "running", but it is really more of a sedate ambling

I did manage to get Win 98SE on a 386 as well, but it had 16Mb of EDO RAM (72 pin)

Anyone else tried underclocking?

It used to be fairly common practice to test new stuff on "the lowest common denominator" if only to find out what to put in the budget for hardware upgrades.

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Damn... I really wish I could experiment like that, but I havn't been alive long enough to have that type of hardware lol.... EDO ram? That's way before my time lol...

Just joking around with some of you oldies
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Hey The Duck keep your eyes open my friend, it is never too late to start

Most of the older stuff I have has either has been given, or picked up for 10~20 bucks (usually a donation to charity). A lot of stuff will be getting thrown out when Vista hits the scene.

I for one will be very interested to see how well Microsoft's sales/marketing model meets the actual response.