Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Problem Saga Continues

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

The Problem Saga Continues

Hi, as some of you know recently I had a problem with my onboard nic fighting with my external wireless card. Well per Nihil's suggestion I disabled the onboard nic and solved the problem or so I thought. Now, Im having issue with applications that worked fine before! Whenever I open Yahoo Messenger ( the screenshot was of yahoo chat as that was the easiest way for me to reproduce the problem) I get this error, see attached screenshot. I get an error when I open bearshare it says something to the effect of bearshare.exe has encountered a problem and must close. the 3rd program I know of that is having a problem is my antivirus program ( Bit Defender) it wont open and when I try and repair it it says something about a network resource being unavailable and pops up this file name H:\DOCUME~1\Tyler\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.TMP\. Ever since this problem started I have been having alot of problems with these TMP ( temp?) files. I have cleared my cookies and cache. I have also checked Active X and Java.

Now keep in mind before I had this NIC problem both of these programs worked fine. There may be more programs having issues I just havent opened yet. I have fully updated my Java and checked my settings in FF and IE. Its some kind of a script error. What is going on?

http://thetexan19.googlepages.com/untitled5.JPG
    http://thetexan19.googlepages.com/untitled7.JPG

Edit/ here is a side issue lol. When I go to Ipconfig/all I get some weird stuff it just doesnt give me the normal data that it usually does. ( see attached screenshot)

Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Have you checked the hard drive with chkdsk? mysterious
    problems like that could be the hard drive, or ram.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

rc, I did run a chkdsk but I wasnt home when it finished so I dont know if it picked up any errors or not. I guess I should be home when it finishes. I have 512 megs of ram and I dont think there is any probs with that but I cant be sure....
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Just a bump, sorry but I really would like some more input here
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Have you considered a System Restore? You'd be amazed at how many problems that fixes...

If that doesn't work:

For your browser problems try reading this:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889407

Make sure your comfortable with the registry and MAKE A BACK UP!! Or you can contact microsoft to get the hotfix...

Bearshare and bitdefender problems? Try uninstalling and reinstalling... Otherwise try deleting your prefetch folder. I don't know if that would fix anything but it's always good to do anyway ... It kind of sounds like an infection to me, especially because your AV is knocked out, it won't even open... maybe from bearshare?

Just a few idea's off the top of my head...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Hi Tex

Try doing a Scannow sfc on your system.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Duck, I have other Av's that run fine ( A squared, avast etc...) Bit defender is the only one that has an issue. Dalek, I tried to run the tool that you provided but its asking to insert your win xp cd which I sadly no longer have I do have the cd key for that cd but just the key with no cd wont help me will it?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

AFLAAACKKK!!
    You don't need 3 AV's on one computer ...

Have you considered a System Restore? You'd be amazed at how many problems that fixes...

If that doesn't work:

For your browser problems try reading this:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=889407

Make sure your comfortable with the registry and MAKE A BACK UP!! Or you can contact microsoft to get the hotfix
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Maybe im just a little parnoid... lol I will try and sys restore and see what happens... im disappointed I cant use dalek tool since I have the cd key for my win xp cd but no cd! and im gonna take a look at the link you provided once I back up my registry
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

I hope that only one of those AV's is the live scanning one, and monitoring is off on the other 2..

I think life is going to be dificult for you with out the XP CD, other repair options are out of the question with out it.

Too the problem:

The problem is with a few programs and it appears to be network related..
    In these programs is there a setting for your network adapter.. check this out no matter how trivial the area you looking at may be.. and here I would start at the Bit Defender settings.
    Check also your Firewall.. I am assuming your useing something other than the Widows Firewall.
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr