Thread: AUDITOR---my wireless and bluetooth doesnt work!!!

Arrow AUDITOR---my wireless and bluetooth doesnt work!!!

im using a compaq presario v4000 laptop which has inbuilt wireless and bluetooth devices.

i used auditor but it does not detect my wireless and bluretooth devices(but ethernet card works)... wat do i do????

and is there a way of usin wireless and bluetooth in VMWare ( i am able to use ethernet card)??????

The auditor project has now merged with whax and become "backtrack".

You should see if their latest release supports your hardware. If not, you can possibly build modules and modify the distro itself to support your hardware. Either that, or purchase hardware that is supported.

I would suggest you poke around their site regarding your hardware because such a vague statement like you've provided us doesn't give us anything to work with. They even have a forum to deal with stuff like this.

We can guess all day at your make/model of hardware and not come up with any solutions for you.

http://www.remote-exploit.org/index.php/BackTrack
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Just Another Geek
    Try backtrack..
    As for your WiFi not working, what type of chipset does it use?
    What bluetooth devices don't work?

I've got backtrack working fine with a bluetooth GPS and my WPC-55AG WiFi card on a Dell Inspiron and a Latitude. Had to add gpsd by hand though.. Seems to have disappeared from the cd..

As for WiFi and Bluetooth working via VMWare, check the BackTrack FAQ. You may be able to get it working if they're USB based.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

well my wireless adapter is : Broadcom 802.11 b/g WLAN
    and bluetooth is that HP intergrated thing
    both r inbuilt n not usb

@phishphreek80
    wat do u mean by "you can possibly build modules and modify the distro itself to support your hardware"
    how do i do that? and how much knowledge does it require??

Just Another Geek
    Buildin WiFi cards usually suck when it comes to wardriving. You may be able to get it working with ndiswrapper but I doubt you'll be able to inject packets. Buy a decent pcmcia card if you're serious about wardriving.

What does dmesg tell you about bluetooth and/or your wifi?

wat do u mean by "you can possibly build modules and modify the distro itself to support your hardware"
    how do i do that? and how much knowledge does it require??
    RTFM? http://www.remote-exploit.org/index....Making_Modules
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.