Pop up surverys. um what the..

Thread: Pop up surverys. um what the..

Pop up surverys. um what the..

Howdy.

Well i just returned back here a few minutes ago. And a pop up appeared asking me to do a survery.

i've only just noticed it now, as i usually have my browser set up tightly to block those sort's of things, but i haven't set it up as of yet.

Anyhow just curious as to know how long these things have been appearing and why are they appearing.?

kris.!

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    I've seen these pop ups here from time to time. JupMed feels that they aren't very intrusive to your experience. I asked about them a while back and I remember that answer to my inquiry.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Never seen one of those, nor ads for that matter on here ....gotta love adblock and firefox...
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Blast From the Past
    i get them with firefox... all anti-adware software running that FF has to offer.

popups are the DEVIL...
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

Originally posted here by hexadecimal
    i get them with firefox... all anti-adware software running that FF has to offer.

popups are the DEVIL...

uninstall the old version of AdBlock. Install the newest version. That should fix your problem with popups and ads. The ad folks got wise to the way AdBlock worked and found a way around it, but then the community figured out how they were doing it and fixed that hole.

Adblock 0.7.0.2 + Flashblock 1.5.1 = no ads, no pop ups (at least for now)

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

I am wondering if the script blocking plug-in helps as well?

I am still running 1.0.7 on this box (yeah...I know ), and I don't get the pop-ups or ads.

Just a thought?

I have Java "partially allowed" for this site, although that is the default, as I did not make any sort of custom settings that I can remember.

Hi f2b

For some reason the setttings in Seamonkey are unlike Firefox's as I have the same issues untill I went to image blocker for Seamonkey, but I admit I liked FF blocking much better.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Originally posted here by dalek
    Hi f2b

For some reason the setttings in Seamonkey are unlike Firefox's as I have the same issues untill I went to image blocker for Seamonkey, but I admit I liked FF blocking much better.
    Dalek i already knew that SeaMonkey's default settings where a lot different compared to FireFox's, i had to leave the settings at Default as i'm working on a few goodies. {Will be released soon.}

anyhow i was just suprised that they were actually allowing pop-ups to appear here now.
    as i knew that the other ads where already here, but because i've been using a pretty tightly setup browser to reset everything to default and browse the site and get a pop up slapped onto my screen was pretty shocking at the least.

anyhow thanks for all the responses guy's / gals very much appreciated.

cheers
    kris.!