Thread: Dell laptop explodes at Japanese conference

Dell laptop explodes at Japanese conference

Howdy.

Well i figured that i would post this up here, as it's really about when box's get hot and catch on fire..

anyhow here's the story.

AN INQUIRER READER attending a conference in Japan was sat just feet away from a laptop computer that suddenly exploded into flames, in what could have been a deadly accident.
    Gaston, our astonished reader reports: "The damn thing was on fire and produced several explosions for more than five minutes".
    Original Story clickity click as it has got pictures of the laptop making Hell look innocent.

Ha Ha - notice is is secured to the table as well! So its not like you can even chuck it down the bog or owt!

AFLAAACKKK!!
    I'm trying to think of what it could've been... Could it have been a defective battery which might have caused a chain reaction? I don't know much about laptop batteries...

Anyway, very funny and good find . It just reinforces my hate for dell...

"For the record, this is a Dell machine," notes Gaston. "It is only a matter of time until such an incident breaks out on a plane," he suggests.
    hahahaha...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Hmmm,

I was sort of wondering the same.............I have never heard of a battery bursting into flames? and I cannot see how it would have shorted out; which is what I imagine would be required?

From the looks of the pictures they seem to be connected to mains power? I would suspect the transformer/charger myself as I have known those to partially melt.

I am guessing that the "explosions" referred to would be the capacitors...........they do tend to make a bit of a bang when they go.

Lol....Either that or the WGAV.exe is set to explode after a certain amount of popups giving you warnings about pirated software... (MS has gone Merc)
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson