Thread: Help with VNC logs

Hello! i need some help... please! Does VNC make logs? where can i find them because somebody enteredm my computer when i was away and sher some stuffs on the network please help me..
    just kiddin\'

Yes, of course it does.

This sounds very bad to me.................... I would suggest that you contact your local police and tell them about it.

You see, if you are innocent, that will sort you out.................and if you are guilty that will also sort you out.

In order to answer that you would have say what version of vnc your running on the computer that was compromised. while I dont know off hand, it's not that hard to find out if the version your using logs, and if so where. chances are if your running a windows based os it will be in the VNC's programs folder, or possibly under your profile.

Hey Hey,

I have to ask who the idiot was that negged that and wtf is wrong with them.... *shakes his head in disgust*..

If you're running VNC open to the world, with the latest VNC exploit there's a very good chance that yes you were compromised.. By default my router (which is ancient by todays standards) logs incoming IP, Port and Protocol (UDP or TCP)... that may be a good spot to look... The logs there are less likely to be compromised than any logs from VNC... As for the VNC logs... right click on your systray Icon (if you have one) and check the settings... It'll tell you where it's logging to..

Peace,
    HT

I have to ask who the idiot was that negged that and wtf is wrong with them.... *shakes his head in disgust*..
    the post was negged when he posted in an old thread... a mod must have moved it out..

it seems the aps followed..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Originally posted here by Und3ertak3r
    the post was negged when he posted in an old thread... a mod must have moved it out..

it seems the aps followed..
    It's also a new user... so that's still not a very good excuse... sheesh.. and people think I'm elitist.

HT~

He posted the same thing in three forums at the same time............... didn't read TFM did he?

Hell, people get zapped for posting to an old post? three posts AND parasitical ones included? it would make me wonder, if he was not zapped?

OH...........and the duplicate posts were straight C&P

I have to ask who the idiot was that negged that and wtf is wrong with them....
    I negged it. There's no need to to post the same thing in so many spots asking the same thing...

*shakes his head in disgust*..
    Shake your head as much as you want just be careful not to put your neck out from the shaking..

sheesh.. and people think I'm elitist.
    Well if you do not want people to think that, then stop acting like one...