Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do i prevent VNC passwd SNIFF????

Question How do i prevent VNC passwd SNIFF????

how do i use Tight VNC in my network so that its password is not easily sniffed by anyone using cain(or any other sniffer) on the network???

Just Another Geek
    By tunneling VNC over SSH?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Is this a linix box, if so you can use freenx instead of vnc. This is a terminal server that uses port 22 over ssh. It is fast and from what I see is secure.
    Jive Lady: Jus\' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da\' rebound on da\' med side.
    Second Jive Dude: What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!
    Jive Lady: Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don\' want no help, chump don\'t GET da\' help! Jive ass dude don\'t got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!

@sidice
    how do i tunnel vnc??? can ya plz describe it? or prob write a tutorial :-D

@gogli apparatus(wonder y u kept that name)
    m usin a windowz box

heres one link that shows you how to use vnc over an ssh tunnel.
    http://pigtail.net/LRP/vnc/

how do i tunnel vnc??? can ya plz describe it? or prob write a tutorial :-D
    Numberous tutorials already exist.

Seriously... learn to use a search engine. nobody is going to spoon feed you. Nobody wants to help anyone who doesn't want to help themselves. You're just being lazy by not searching.

If you have a specific question or concern with the setup or you're confused... then ask. But, at least try for yourself first.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    One word: UltraVNC
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

@phishphreek
    chill dude... and gand mara

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Originally posted here by elfguy
    @phishphreek
    chill dude... and gand mara
    You were given several suggestions that will work so instead of trying them and saying thank you (in English), you give phissy are hard time?

Bad manners.

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Greeting's

For all those who want to know "gand mara" is a slang in Hindi, and I', sure the looser must have laughed his @ss off after writting it but he doesnt know that you can abuse him in more then a billion ways in English and he will never even come to know.

Looser.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.