Thread: Help With Back|Track

Banned

Lightbulb Help With Back|Track

Hi All!!!!!!!

I need help in customizing Back|Track.I am Having Back|Track Over Win XP with the help of Vmware Player......The Problem is i can not access my Hardrive and Internet

Just Another Geek

Re: Help With Back|Track

Originally posted here by cool_boy
    I need help in customizing Back|Track.I am Having Back|Track Over Win XP with the help of Vmware Player......The Problem is i can not access my Hardrive and Internet
    Huh?

You mean you have XP as a host OS running VMWare player using BackTrack as a guest OS?

If the player is setup to use bridged mode or NATed networking:

ifconfig eth0 up
    dhcpcd eth0

That should do the trick.. No need to customize anything..
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Banned

Talking oh!!!!!!

It still does not work.....
    I want to enable networking between xin xp and back|track.......So i can use back track to coonect on the web over xp

You need to modfiy the hardware and setup the NIC in "bridged" mode. Your guest OS will use your host's NIC. If you want, you can install a second NIC into your HOST and assign that to your guest.

After you've put it in bridged mode, just make sure the guest can get to the DHCP server or set your ip addresses statically.

The PCs can still talk in NAT mode... I've just found it easier to use bridged mode.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Banned
    Ok!!!
    i fix it myself.Actually i had not config it correctly with VMX Builder....I had config it Bridged network now i have set it to Nat and type the command "dhcpcd" now it is fine thanx for your support