No more falafel?

Thread: No more falafel?

No more falafel?

Religious zealots in Iraq have added one more item to their prohibited list: falafel.

Some of you must have heard the news, but don’t know what to make of it. The Islamists’ explanation: Anything that did not exist during Muhammad’s time is prohibited.

Here are some of the items on the growing banned list:
    — Shorts
    — T-shirts
    — Goatees (not beards)
    — Ice (not ice cream)
    — Mayonnaise (we haven’t heard the verdict on ketchup just yet)
    — Cigarettes (not sure about hookahs)
    — Women driving or traveling on public transportation with men.

This is no joke. Some people got killed for not complying with the new rules. Many were shot with automatic rifles. Wait, did I just say “automatic rifles”?

— Gihane Askar, Internet Division, The Washington Times

Source
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

You aren't saying that these people should make sense, now are you? Seriously this has been the situation for thousands of years, one little invasion by the U.S. isn't going to change the twisted teachings from way back then. It's an infection and it's gonna take a mighty big SHOT to clear up this middle eastern acne.

Ya know it may be the cradle of civilization, but that only stands as an argument for infanticide.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

What about explosives? Roadside bombs... Suicide vests?
    Have they banned those too?

Is this serious? I was expecting the link to go to theonion.com
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Originally posted here by phishphreek80
    What about explosives? Roadside bombs... Suicide vests?
    Have they banned those too?

Is this serious? I was expecting the link to go to theonion.com
    Very Serious...as they get closer to forming a "Democratic Society"[tongue firmly in cheek] with deal making for both the major tribes, this list will get longer, it's also starting to happen in Afghanistan, where the newly formed gov't were concerned that the coallition forces where going after "all" Taliban (which I thought was the objective in the first place), I guess there are now good Taliban as opposed to bad taliban....cue the restrictions to be put into place.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Oil was not discovered in the seventh century...................I suggest that we confiscate it along with airplanes, automobiles and any weapon other than a sharp blade or a pointed stick. They never had bank accounts in those days either................. and the little buggers had no idea where switzerland was (deliberate lower case)

I say "go for it"

just waiting to hear what the people have to say when the clerics get around to air conditioners.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”