Microsoft Security Bulletin

Thread: Microsoft Security Bulletin

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-025 re-released

Microsoft fanatics and antifanatics here lol, maybe interested in this.

Yet another f**k up by the Microsoft Corp.

Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin

Originally posted here by jiggy

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-025 re-released

Microsoft fanatics and antifanatics here lol, maybe interested in this.

Yet another f**k up by the Microsoft Corp.
    Interesting... one post and it's bashing Microsoft.... So they rereleased a patch.... The things that were fubar'd are legacy things that few people use these days... data ports and modems... Given the nature of the vuln, I'm rather happy that they pushed out the patch with minor problems rather than completing full testing.. especially since you can find code to exploit the vuln on the net already... Also this is old news...

I must say I love some of the news posted on the site lately... IT is about being up to date and up to date usually means up to the minute... generally here on AO it means up to the week... occasionally only a few days behind though.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

Judging from the obsolescence of the news, the price of the domain registrar, the price of the webhost, the pisspoor spelling and grammar on the website linked to, the fact that a Google search turned up only one website link and a bunch of username links (none more the 6 months old), and the fact that all the posts on that forum are mysteriously made by non-registered members, I am led to one conclusion.

THIS IS SPAM.

Jiggy, spam is not welcome here. Please do not spam our forums; especially with irrelevant news. I assume that you would not approve of us doing the same on your forums. Please return the favor and go spam elsewhere.

Thank you.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Hmmm,

Microsoft are their own worst enemies in this area IMO. For many years they have pursued the Holy Grail of backwards compatibility. Perhaps Vista is an indication of a change of heart.

If you really want to use obsolete stuff (and I do) then you are on your own............. just don't use it for anything important? I have no problem with that.

Microsoft are in the process of developing a major new OS release, and I would be much happier if I felt that they were concentrating their resources on getting that right.

Am I right in thinking that the "news" here is a patch being released? That is what passes for news? Even if it's just an excuse for making a page with some adverts on it, it's still pretty sucky.
    \"Some say they go looking for Drugs, Dirty Dancing and Pounding, Pounding Techno Music.\"
    *ahem* contact me