Thread: PDF Rainbow Table

PDF Rainbow Table

Are there any programs that use rainbow tables to crack PDF’s? I wanted to write some but do now know how they are cracked.

-GA
    Jive Lady: Jus\' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da\' rebound on da\' med side.
    Second Jive Dude: What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!
    Jive Lady: Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don\' want no help, chump don\'t GET da\' help! Jive ass dude don\'t got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!

The older pdf encryption schemes were very weak, and mainly relied on encryption thru obscurity and can be cracked very easily with a 100% success rate. Just goolge around a bit to learn the algorithm specifics...

As far as newer and more recent versions. I beleive they use the RC4 algorithm, so this is going to require a little more work. Basically the idea is to attempt to brute force the pdf, and after every attempted decryption, you check the file to see if it conforms to a valid pdf format. If it doesn't you try another password from the table, and repeat until you get a valid pdf format...Either way, it's a lot of work...

Have you tried googling for a pdf cracker yet?
    We are a generation without a middle. We have no great war or depression. Our war is a spiritual one, our depression is our lives. We were all raised to believe that we\'ll all be millionaires and rockstars - But we won\'t.
    And we are slowly learning this fact...And we are VERY pissed off about it!