Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now what for Guantanamo George

Frustrated Mad Scientist

Now what for Guantanamo George

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5129904.stm
    The US Supreme Court has ruled that the Bush administration does not have the authority
    to try terrorism suspects by military tribunal.

Justices upheld the challenge by Osama Bin Laden's ex-driver to his trial at Guantanamo, saying the proceedings violated Geneva Conventions.
    Bush has responded by putting his fingers in his ears and shouting "La la la I can't hear you la la la"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5131812.stm
    US President George Bush has refused to rule out military tribunals for inmates at Guantanamo Bay detention centre.
    Nice to see the alledged moral leader of the free democratic world ignore the laws he swore to uphold, treat his fellow Americans like the proles from '1984', locking up and torturing prisoners in a way I though the West had grown out of about 300 years ago, filling his and his cronies pockets with enough cash that he looks like he is about to do an Imelda Marcos ( I wouldn't be surprised if they find thousands of pairs of cowboy boots in the white house when he goes, right next to the presidential colouring books).

More:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/5131220.stm
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06...ss_with_texas/

Hey Aspman maybe George is trying to get the place ready for Ballmer and Gates?

I have heard that he might just need $26.5 billion in a hurry, and they look like a good prospect

Seems like our American cousins have problems with rulers called "George" (1776?)

Frustrated Mad Scientist
    He was a nut job too

Very odd, I just rewatched 'The Madness of King George' on Tuesday when I was off sick.

George will find a work around, lots of roads in Texas need mending, or find another island, there are lots...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

I have a solution. I have decided that everyone is right, Bush is wrong and the people should go free. I say load up a big ass plane like a 747 with all of them. Give them each 2000 US. Fly the plane to Laguardia. Bus them to the front of the United Nations building and let every single one of them go. Done deal.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Why not try this persons suggestions

John Gibson: Why do you think that our international friends would participate in an international tribunal?

GENERAL WESLEY CLARK: Well, they're the ones who've been criticizing Gitmo. Let them belly up to the bar and take their turn at helping protect the world like they say they want to do. Let us see their values. Let's put them on the line. You got to get some other people on the boat with you on this. You know, the President talks about leadership. I'd like to see him show some international leadership on this issue. There's no reason to sequester these people under US control exclusively when they're a threat to the whole world. Let the whole world participate. Let us set, set the rules. Let us control the evidence as we write the rules for the court, and then let the court decide.
    http://securingamerica.com/node/1139

I agree with this, why not include the rest of the World, in trying to get to the bottom of these "alleged" terrorists, and as been said, this whole thing is dragging Bush down, it's been too long, the Military have had their kick at the can, now let an international system do the rest....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Yeah. Set 'em all free. Let them blow some more chit up.
    Why should we keep arguing aboot this. Send them all to Canada.
    There are no terrorists. George invented it all. Nobody blew up the
    World trade center. It was done with computer generated graphics.

Get a clue. George has two and a half years left. Who you gonna blame
    after he's gone and Osama takes control of Iraq? Not to worry. They only wanna
    kill Jews and I ain't a jew, so I'm safe right?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Originally posted here by rcgreen
    Yeah. Set 'em all free. Let them blow some more chit up.
    Why should we keep arguing aboot this. Send them all to Canada.
    There are no terrorists. George invented it all. Nobody blew up the
    World trade center. It was done with computer generated graphics.

Get a clue. George has two and a half years left. Who you gonna blame
    after he's gone and Osama takes control of Iraq? Not to worry. They only wanna
    kill Jews and I ain't a jew, so I'm safe right?
    This isn't about blowing stuff up anymore... this is about mentioning it and having Georgie Boi's friends come crashing down and arrest you without a scrap of evidence...

As I still believe, if the US didn't stick their noses in everyone elses business... most of what has happened never would have happened... As for Osama taking control of Iraq... is that why the US is there now??? Not because Iraq harbour terrorists.. or for Oil.. but for Iraq's sake??? Hah... tell that to all the innocent civillians who are in the ground because of American soldiers... tell them you did it for them.... Tell the pregnant woman who was shot for rushing to the hospital that they did it for her and the bullet in her....

Do you Americans ever listen to yourselves?? I get angry when I read this... my blood pressure goes through the roof.. How can you sit and think American is innocent when it comes to anything at all... How can you **** on the world and expect the world to say "Thank you"...

How can you **** on the world and expect the world to say "Thank you"...
    You are absolutely right. I'll call George and tell him to knock it off.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

This isn't about blowing stuff up anymore... this is about mentioning it and having Georgie Boi's friends come crashing down and arrest you without a scrap of evidence...

As I still believe, if the US didn't stick their noses in everyone elses business... most of what has happened never would have happened... As for Osama taking control of Iraq... is that why the US is there now??? Not because Iraq harbour terrorists.. or for Oil.. but for Iraq's sake??? Hah... tell that to all the innocent civillians who are in the ground because of American soldiers... tell them you did it for them.... Tell the pregnant woman who was shot for rushing to the hospital that they did it for her and the bullet in her....

Do you Americans ever listen to yourselves?? I get angry when I read this... my blood pressure goes through the roof.. How can you sit and think American is innocent when it comes to anything at all... How can you **** on the world and expect the world to say "Thank you"...
    First, let me just say that I, and others appreciate constructive criticism from our international neighbors. Non-constructive criticism just sounds like a cornucopia of holier-than-thou whining and bitching, with no real solutions offered

Second, there are many of us who believe our current administration is not serving the public interest very well. Yes we needed to respond to 9/11 and other issues, however, there are many areas for improvement and we need to respond quicker to resolved those issues and improve our face to the international community. If we truly want to be global, we need to think, and act in that matter.

Third, some of us are already working to replace the current administration come our elections, will it be utopia? No, far from it, but we are trying to improve the situation.

Fourth, generalizations are dangerous. I could lump you into a group that hates America, but I will not. I understand your are frustrated, but I would caution you not to put all Americans in one category, we, like most nations on this planet, are a melting pot, and many of us a getting a wake-up call to get more involved with our country and government. Further you speak of Iraqi life being wasted, for which weighs heavy on my heart. I do not have children, but I can only imagines the horrors of life those people have to witness in their home country. What I am finding interesting is that you could care less about American lives being eliminated; perhaps you cheer every time you hear one of our soldiers being killed, maybe not. But have you served in a federal service, not military so to speak, but a federal service, or the like, where you travel outside of your home country? Have you seen the true face of famine, poverty, crime, war? What it is like for all peoples involved at ground zero? I am not looking for you to support my country, I am merely wondering how far your horizons expand? Have you been to Darfur? Would you blame that on the US as well?

Fifth, I do not expect a "thank you" from Canada or any country, even if we did something worthwhile in any of your eyes, because, most likely, if our country is in trouble, the international community, at this point, would let us suffer, and false gratitude is worse than no gratitude. I say we remove our military presence from all areas of the world, and become more like Switzerland, a very secured Switzerland like country. Still involved in business and the like, but become neutral. Maybe that would cut down on the wars and skirmishes, but that would also mean we do not have to contribute to any country, if something, by chance, did break out in war. I think you HT, will enjoy when China and/or India become the world super-powers in the near future.

Sixth, Osama/Usama, is a facade, he is a US controlled puppet.

Seventh, if our Commander-In-Chief does not comply with the Supreme Court, then he should be impeached. His actions are leading me to believe he is running a monarchy and not a democracy or republic.
    \"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!\"
    \"The weed of crime, bears bitter fruit...\"

--The Shadow.