Thread: the auto subscribe feature

the auto subscribe feature

hi

I remember that there was a feature in AO, that when u post in some thread, u get subscribed to it! I remember that I turned it off sometime ago, but now I want it back!!

How can we do that?
    CodeNameVirus

On the main page, on the left side panel find "Edit Site Options" in there find

"Use 'Email Notification' by default?
    Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in."

Change it to YES.....that should be it....
    O.G at A.O

ok thnx
    CodeNameVirus

no copyright, that thing didnt work!! Its something else, the feature u told me abt sents email notifications of the replies to the subscribed threads. But, it does auto-subscibe you to a thread u created or replied on!!
    CodeNameVirus

Somewhere down the bottom of a thread there is an option to subscribe to it. It is on the left hand side.

You need to do this for each thread that you are interested in.

It says: "Receive updates (subscribe) to this thread"

EDIT: You are subscribed to this thread..............how did that happen?

According to the discussion found here, the 'Email Notification' feature seems to be the one that auto-subscribes you. According to the description of the option, it sends you an email whenever someone replies in a thread that you participated in, so if that's not it, I don't know what is...
    Information wants to be a fireman when it grows up.

Yeah thats what i thought....theres no other option of notification here is there....only email...
    O.G at A.O

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

E-mail is the way it works. If you use ©opy®ight's method you are subscribed to everything that you post in.

The method that I suggested uses the same mechanism, but you select individual threads and you don't have to post to them.

I had my email notification feature turned on, the first time copyright said it.

I got subscribed to this thread by clicking the subscribe option below the thread(just as nihil said the first time!)

But, yesterday I created a thread and I had to subscribe in the same manner, it didnt auto-subscribed me to the thread!!
    CodeNameVirus