Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone know what this is?

AOs Resident Troll
    Well if they attack your computer systems....it is against the law...and you can take it from there.

i would still report it to your IT guy....

and then add them to the junk mail folder in yahoo....

or change your email address...then they would be..... .flucked ............they could not harrass you any more.

I use web mail accounts for this very purpose....

Did you download or install anything from them...while at work??? Maybe the website they host has some kind of malicious code on it and when you went there (while at work) has dumped some call home program on your machine.

In this case...you need to contact your IT guy to clean it....

good luck

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

No I am not worried in the least about them showing up here on little bit. Honestly I would love it if they did. I am worried that they might screw up my computer though.

Is there any way to detect things that Ad-Aware could have missed? Something that could have gotten around Symantic Anti Virus?

AOs Resident Troll
    in a word...yes

your IT guy would be the best person to handle this...

as there may be some AUP at your work and you dont want to dig yourself any deeper ...cause there are some things you can run...but you have to be admin of the machine...and REALLY know what your looking for.

you could end up flucking up your machine even more....specially if you dont know what your doing.

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Basicly this is comming from what I can only assume to be a script kiddy trying to threaten me by showing me that they know my IP and where my computer is located.
    I can look up your home address in a phone book and I can see your license plate on your car when you drive around town. Knowing your IP address is trivial. Want mine?
    Something that could have gotten around Symantic Anti Virus?
    You could drive a truck through SAV. It has the worst response time to threats on the planet. Even the free AV scanners do a better job. Symantec is the titanic of the AV world -- Apparently no account was made for advances in scale, and little thought given to how a ship 882 1/2 feet (269 m) in length might turn in an emergency, or avoid a collision with an iceberg. This was Titanic's Achilles' heel." This is a perfect description of Symantec products as they grow in size.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

It sounds like these people are threatening you....You should report them to the police and make a backup copy of all of you're important files, so that if these people do try something, you don't lose all of your work

thats my two cents worth

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    2 cents 2 weeks 2 late

check threads for the *flashing*date*
    and let em lie

UNLESS you have something of real import to add
    unlike here
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone