Vista Download
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista Download

Vista Download

Hi all!

Am trying to download windows Vista beta 2 from their servers but the place i am in has a proxy which blocks urls containing 'iso' along with alot of other stuff. So have to use a bypassing system which has slowed the thing down to a crawl. Was wondering if there was any copy of the thing zipped or rarred or something like that... nething not having 'iso' in it. And btw, torrents dont work here too. and i need the 64 bit version. but if u know of any links for the 32 bit version then post them anyway... might have to do with it for a while.
    Share on Google+

AOs Resident Troll
    well..you could always tell the proxy not to block those...

or go somewhere else....

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer
    Share on Google+

Unhappy

well i cant. I'm a university student and the university proxy server blocks it out. I cant use any other connections and i cant go anywhere else coz the uni isnt in a city or something. Anyways cant explain all the complexities but would really appreciate any sort of help.
    Share on Google+

AOs Resident Troll
    Sorry...

but I cannot help you get around someone elses network.

I cant explain all the complexities

Why dont you contact the universities system admin.....maybe they can help you out

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer
    Share on Google+

dude aint asking you to help me get around it. Have already done that and as i said the download is too slow. I am asking for a link that doesnt have iso in it. Its as simple as that. If you cant do that, dont post
    Share on Google+

Hahahahahaha, you got called a dude.

And you, if you think someone here is going to tell you how to bypass a proxy you're nuts. go to your college and tell them the truth "I want to waste your bandwidth downloading Beta Windows software, please allow me to"...
    Share on Google+

im sorry this is really going off topic, but can you at any place see me asking how to bypass the proxy? i dont really need to ask that coz i already know how to do that and am a netadmin on the hostels side. So i can do stuff like that. But what i really need is what i asked for in the first post. Why i need it is irrelevent.
    Share on Google+

Well if you're the admin, figure it out like you're paid to do. Not many people ZIP ISOs that I'[ve seen so for the most part, you're stuck.
    Share on Google+

i am a netadmin on the students side of the lan. and am not paid to do it. dunno if uve been in a uni with a student maintained lan on the students side(i assume most of the unis are like that, at least they are here). the point is i cant configure the proxy. anyways, it neednt be zipped, it could be named anything. as long as it doesnt have 'iso' in the url.
    Share on Google+

Well, you're stuck unless you can tell the admin of the actual network what you want to do.

You could tell him it would be good for the students to make a few of them... However, unless you can get him to do this, you're stuck for now.
    Share on Google+