Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is it so hard to get some prescription drugs in the needed quantities?

Ted, I too was given Ultracet / Ultram / Tramadol.... It doesn't touch me. I took 4 at once and..... Well, I still couldn't move my Ankle. It's a crap Pain Killer and Wannabee Opioid. It binds to your Opioid Receptors and acts like a Narcotic except it's not one.

Also you'll want to be careful at 8 a day. The sad thing about those are they are just as addictive as Vicodin. Then again so is alcohol, most people just never admit that.

Fourdc.... I rarely take things for recreational use, but it would take a lot for me to say no to OxyContin. It's pureified Percocet without Tylenol (Acetaminophen) in a time release dose. It's time released and some people believe the coating on the pill is the time release which is NOT true.

If you crush them or chew them you risk death of OD because the time release can be broken meaning the entire drug hits you all at once. A lot of people in the mid south use these all the time. I've had them before and they work nice.

When I first Injured my Knee they gave me a shot of Dilauded (HydroMorphone) which... That is one amazing drug. The Euphoria of Most Opiates is not as strong but it works GOOD on pain. I was laying there in the ER and couldn't even let an ice pack touch my knee because it hurt to much.

A few minutes later (I want to point out at this time, that when I was in there, I had been awake for 19 hours at this point and was tired) they said the shot would make me tired, the opposite happened. I was WIDE AWAKE. I was HYPER.

The Nurse couldn't understand it. She said she knew she gave me Dilauded and that I should be alseep. When it was time to get X-Rays done, they wheeled the whole bed over to X-Ray..... Let me tell you, when you're starting to feel the full effects and you're laying in a bed that's actually moving.... Wow.... All was right int he World. I felt like hugging a cop.

Anyway I told them I could walk a little better (I still limped but could move better) but they wouldn't believe me, they knew what I had been given.

I was once given a Happy Cocktail.... The Nurse said the word... Lol. I've never heard of Nurse people using that term for it, it's not a street name, btu it was odd. It's usually Demerol and something else.... I cant think of the name, but I was given one with Dilauded again and I do have to say I giggled.

Anyway something I wanted to explain:

Three types of "Narcotics" are in use today-

Opiates -

These are Non Synthetic. They Include Codeine, which when you take it, 10% turns into Morphine inside you, and Morphine. All Opiates are compared to Morphine.

Semi Synthetic Opiates (Opioids) -

These are made from Opium but have things added to them.

They include Hydrocodone (Vicodin, Norco, Lortab, Lorcet, Hycodin and so on), Demerol, OxyContin (Oxycodone Time Release), Percocet (OxyCodone + Acetaminophen), Darvocet (Propoxyphe. ...(SP?)) Methadone (Invented by the Nazis in WW2) and some others. Such as Percodan. which is OxyCodone + Motrin. (I'm Allergic to it because it has Motrin in it).

Then there are purely synthetic Opioid Receptor inhibiting drugs that are not true Narcotics. The main one being Tramadol / Ultram / Ultracet.

Darvocet and Tramadol are fairly useless for most people. They have more side effects than the others and don't work nearly as well. Taking 3 Aspirin or Tylenol is almost exactly like taking a Darvocet. They are over perscribed and useless for actual pain.

I'd second guess taking them for even MINOR pain. Vicodin is Terribly UNDER Perscribed for some reason though it works well, is safe (More so than even Aspirin) and takes weeks to form a dependence to.

gore old chap,

What gets me is the ignorance and hypocrisy of it all

If you look at it logically, it doesn't matter if a person in a chronic pain situation becomes addicted to the medication. We are addicted to it at birth because we are born with "pain aversion"? It should only be in an acute pain situation, like short-term, that this would be an issue?

Mind you, logic, law enforcement and politics are pretty damned hard to get together in a logical sentence?

UPDATE!

gore

And your late entry should make people see bronze lol.
    Well I guess the judge kinda saw it different................. she went GOLD!, and her team-mates managed three silvers and a bronze, to make me "top cactus", so I now have a trophy above the fireplace

It's almost funny you've won a prize for something that in the States would have one you a cell lol.

*Sigh*... Idiot laws.

gore old chap, I am sure that you anticipated my response, as I feel that you have been aware of my position on this for some time?

*Sigh*... Idiot laws.
    might I be permitted to correct you, and change that to "lawmakers "? I think that is where the problem is?

These are prescription medicines, a.k.a. "ethical pharmaceuticals"

1. They were researched by some of our finest pharmacologists?
    2. They were tested under strictly (government controlled) laboratory conditions?
    3. Safe and recommended dosages have been established?

So why the hell can't a qualified and licenced medical practicioner prescribe within recommended safe dosages?

The answer in your case would seem to be that "these drugs are being abused"?

Well, what is the difference between that and cutting off social welfare because some people abuse the system?

It would be like an IT security guy saying we are taking all of your hardware and systems away because a couple of you have been surfing pr0n?

This stuff was designed and produced to help the sick They must not be made to suffer on account of the administration's inability to ensure that they actually go to the sick.

Yea that is pretty much what I meant. Like I said, the first law banning a drug, was for Opium, and came from someone who was a racist against the Chinese. He referred to them as the "Yellow Problem" and no one listened to him Thank God.

But then a few years later he found a way to do it:

He played on the fears of the Chinese people coming to this country. He said they were using Opium to rape white woman.

Just like today, when someone wants to pass a law they know is against the constitution, they play on the fears of people and say it's "for our Children".

The second drug law in America was the exact same way except this time it was black people and Cocaine. Southern dick heads forced Blacks to use Cocaine so they would work longer and harder without sleep. That's abuse as it is but the same guy said Black people were attacking white people while on Cocaine.

If it weren't for racism and lies in America there wouldn't be drug laws in the first place.

http://www.poppies.org/albums/main/chinawhite.jpg

This is a Persian White.

http://www.poppies.org/albums/main/butterfly1.sized.jpg

This one is similar but Red in color.

Get a good look. If you grow these pretty flowers, you can be arrested. Even though the plant doesn't show it's Seed Pod yet, they have already been Producing Morphine.

The White ones show something I want to explain:

You see White flowers, an then you see what look like bent ones. Those haven't flowered yet but as you can tell they are opening up.

If you remove the flower petals, you'll see the seed pod, which shows up after the petals fall off. Scratching that with a knife or a needle, will allow White Milk of Paradise to ooze out.

That sits in the sun or dries somewhere else, and then it turns a dark color. That's pure Opium.

You don't have to wait that long though. If you grow those purely for the Opium / Morphine, you can slice the stem open even when they are only two weeks old and let it dry, or eat it.

I don't think anyone here would disagree at how nice these flowers look, and they smell amazing.

http://www.poppies.org/albums/main/dragonfly.jpg

This is the seed pod after the petals have fallen off. The person who took these pics have lanced the pod and you can see a Dragon Fly on the top of it. Dragon Flys seem to love these plants.

The Milky stuff Oozing out has started turning from White to a darker color, and it's pure Opium. And of course that's something to get you a cell.

It's amazing to even me how a plant so beautiful can contain Morphine Naturally. I consider these a Gift from God.

They are pretty, they are edible and taste really good, the seeds taste good, and the Milk inside kills depression, pain, diarhea, coughing, and skin rashes.

honestly gore the reason that opiates were originally banned was mainly because it was being given to people without their knowledge, by snake oil salesman and doctors, either wanting to have a huge patient base or they simply didn't know any better. i was raised on paragoric and elixor of turpinhydrates (G.I. gin). opiates are still my drug of choice. the only thing that gets the job done.

look at the castor bean plant used by many for ornamental foliage turning an attractive red during the fall season. the seeds (castor beans) of the plant are used to make waxs for polishing, laxitives to purge the body when necessary and ricin to purge people from the land

http://faculty.ucc.edu/biology-ombre...astor_bean.htm

It's amazing to even me how a plant so beautiful can contain such deadly poison....but that doesn't make it a gift from satan...it just is.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Ted:

According to the History Channel, the idea that you brought up is true, as back then no one had to list what was in the things they sold, but they had to after that guy who was a racist started in. They passed into law making everyone list what ingrediants were in their products.

Most Tooth ache meds back then were just Cocaine. Which is still used today for Eye Surgery. Dental work to even now.... Well, Novacaine, Xylocaine... They have Caine in them for a reason, because they were made from Cocaine.

BTW i am in agreemet with you about making opiates easier to get. as far as medications go their not just inexpensive their damme cheap. they work better and allow me to work better than anything else on the market and they make you feel pretty good at the same time.

maybe it's the extreme low cost thats keeping them so dammed hard to get. Celebrex, Vioxx and many other's relieved some of the pain, cost over 100 bucks to fill the script and try very hard to Fµ¢K¡ÑG kill you.

i think id would be nice if people could grow their own in an amout that is not beyond their personal usage amount. much like anybody can make their own wine within limits.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Ted, I know man. My Grandma had bad bones and pains and was on Vicodin for a while, but the Dr. Took Her off, and put her on Vioxx. She had a Heart Attack and died not long after