System Safety Monitor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System Safety Monitor

Question System Safety Monitor

Hi,

Can anyone share their experience/opinions concerning System Safety Monitor?

I haven't had the time to thoroughly test it out yet, but so far it looks good for freeware.

http://www.syssafety.com/files.html

Thanks!

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Have a look at the reviews on this site:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...r/1049832672/1

--TH13

PS
    HIPS solutions are only as good as the admin who tuned them.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Thanks for the link.

Is there a way to find out if a particular software title is safe to use? I'm always reluctant when it comes to installing new software from companies that I'm not familiar with.

System Safety Monitor has been verified by Softpedia, plus the members at the Wilders Security forum seem to like it. Should this be enough proof that it's safe to use?

I also agree with you 100%. Security software must be properly configured.

Thanks!

PS
    HIPS solutions are only as good as the admin who tuned them.
    Well, it is right for the classical HIPS case, but wrong for the sandbox HIPS.

Ilya ,

Well, it is right for the classical HIPS case, but wrong for the sandbox HIPS.
    Are you suggesting that sandboxes don't need to be set up?

What products are you talking about here?

Are you suggesting that sandboxes don't need to be set up?
    I don't suggesting- it is the fact. Just place your browser, e-mail, P2P, IRC and IM clients under the sandbox HIPS's control- and that is all. Easy and simple.

What products are you talking about here?
    DefenseWall, SandboxIE, GeSWall, BufferZone.

Originally posted here by Time_Shadow
    Thanks for the link.

Is there a way to find out if a particular software title is safe to use? I'm always reluctant when it comes to installing new software from companies that I'm not familiar with.

System Safety Monitor has been verified by Softpedia, plus the members at the Wilders Security forum seem to like it. Should this be enough proof that it's safe to use?

I also agree with you 100%. Security software must be properly configured.

Thanks!
    Read This: Rogue Appliications

Edit: Not all applications out there are listed, so use common sense when trying out new programs, avoid the eye candy....do some research....

Luck
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Thank you Ilya that looks most interesting!

I shall have to try them out, as I am interested in workable solutions for home users who have little understanding of their computer's inner workings, and no real appreciation of security.

They certainly seem to be a potential part of a more cost effective solution than scrapping your existing Windows computer and buying an Apple

"Security through exclusion" seems to be a far better proposition than "security through obscurity" which is what transferring to an Apple computer seems to imply?

I shall have to try them out, as I am interested in workable solutions for home users who have little understanding of their computer's inner workings, and no real appreciation of security.
    Yup, sandbox HIPS are mode for the amateour, non-technical users.

They certainly seem to be a potential part of a more cost effective solution than scrapping your existing Windows computer and buying an Apple

"Security through exclusion" seems to be a far better proposition than "security through obscurity" which is what transferring to an Apple computer seems to imply?
    I don't think buy Apple is a really good choise. There are already some malware samples for this platform, it is not the way out. Proactive behaviour-based anti-malware protection is the only way out for the anti-malware protection, AV's are not very effective now on.

Ilya I shall test your product first

I very much liked the way in which you answered my very genuine questions..............and that you did not attempt to promote your own product, but also mentioned your rivals as equals.

This is what I consider to be a part of the spirit of this site.

I will advise you of my findings, suggestions or whatever if you PM (personal message) me with an e-mail or even snail mail, contact.

I would like to welcome you to AO, as we do enjoy a technical author to our community.