Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tea cigarettes?

I just recently quite smoking, there are tons of options for smoking tobacco-less cigarettes. For one, there are the Quit brand cigarettes, made, as the name would imply for quitting, to counter the oral fixation.

I have also seen vegetarian cigarettes amde mostly from lettuce and other green plants, weird stuff. I have also heard good things about catnip, though never tried it. If you go to any good smoke shop, they will have all sorts of alternative cigarettes. Or you can be like me and quit while you are ahead. Day 13 smokefree....
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.

Info only and definitely non-judgmental....

Gotta tell ya, that she ain't gonna stop until she wants to! I quit many times before I finally stopped! It was a battle, mostly because I had been smoking for over 20 years, it was part of my life, I didn't want to quit, and I was addicted to it. All the stop smoking aids will assist, however it will be wasting the coins until mentally she wants it. And there may be relapses as well (even after 9 years of quitting, it still smells good). No need to substitute either. Been there, done that. I then would simple smoke anything. Chew & dippin' made it even worse. So encourage her to quit, but don't set expectations that she's not ready to fulfill.

If it was a huge ugly monster, we'd run from. But it's not. When you're young and healthy....and besides that - you get a buzz on from smoking and loading up on coffee etc.

cheers and good luck
    Connection refused, try again later.

One of the hardest parts of quitting is how to keep yourself (hands)occupied, for me what helped was the mouse and the PC and the fact that I can't smoke at my desk, or anywhere at the office.The enviroment she works in may help or aggravate the chances of quitting. I like Relyt am a hard core smoker, it's been 8yrs for me, and up to 1998 when I quit I had been smoking since 1973, and like what was said, the smell still trigger's memories every so often.

The point is to try and change the current situation or enviroment or substitute the action with something else, may sound weird but a hobby like knitting could take the instinct of lighting up away,, until she is comfortable...oh yeah and the hardest one to qive up, is the morning smoke, that very first one of the day, get past that and you can do it, may have to cut back on coffee or tea as it is an association just like beer, used to be both would go "hand in hand" sort of...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Originally posted here by Arkimedes
    Would it cause cancer? If so, would it cause cancer as quickly as tobacco?

I had thought a similiar notion, since it's bad to inhale too much smoke around a blacksmith's forge (it's a long story how I know this).

Is there any information on the risks of smoking in general (not just tobacco) available? I could only find risks of tobacco and marijuana.

I haven't read every post here, but this is an Oral Fixation. I can't say that I don't like it that my friend's have them because well.... I can't say, younger people read this

Now, first off, Nicotine is one of the MOST addictive substances known to man. It's way more addictive than Heroin and Crack.

What you want to do is buy her a **** load of suckers. IT allows her to put something in her mouth and play with it but not smoke something which, no matter what it is, will harm her lungs.

Smoking Tea could possibly kill her. People seem to think "If it's OTC it must be safe no matter how I use it".... Quite a dangerouse attitude to have which is why....

OK, most likely she has her tongue peirced. If not, tell her to get one. Then buy suckers. Lots.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    furhter to the pot smoking / no cancer item

there are always risks to smoking
    cancer is just one

but it is the WAY a pot head smokes that fecks em up
    as they draw the smoke in DEEP
    and hold it in longer

giving rise to small cell carcinoma
    HIGHLY aggressive, and generally too late by the time it is discovered

http://www.meds.com/pdq/smallcell_pro.html

just stop
    it is the way I did it

although I had only been a smoker for around 12 years, so it wasn't so ingrained as if I had STILL been smoking now

I found that beer tasted SO much better afer I had kicked the habit
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

this is the weirdest post ever
    /dev/humor: not found

Tea is a herbal leaf.

Coffee is a berry, but the tree also has leaves.

Tobacco is a leaf with some herbal properties. So it is just like tea.

It's more the byproduct of combustion and inhaling razor shar ashes that are the culprit. This is a tough situation, you can't make someone stop smoking because you want them too. So you have a choice help her along and encourage change or pack up and hit the road.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.