Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Myspace site crashes browser

FYI, just to close the loop on this item...

Looks like this page was an employee of Zango (see Vitalsecurity.org's story. Guess a bunch of MySpace sites were propagating the spyware (Zango)...tsk tsk tsk.

As of July 14 MySpace those sites were either shutdown or Zango software removed - see Vitalsecurity.org post here

My suspects this wont be the last time we see an online social networking site being used to spread spyware crap.

i got a good question on this topic ... every browser i use ... wether(sp) it's firefox,opera,IE,firefox tux, nautilus, konquerer, mozilla, etc.
    it always crashes viewing my profile on myspace .. it confuses me cause it's not just a firefox thing ... it's a whole OS thing... windows and linux.... havent tried mac yet ....
    now i'm not tryin to spam my stupid little blog .. but i'm looking for some input on what could be the cause
    http://www.myspace.com/vernwolf
    dont have other tabs open when ya click it .. it may crash whatever you're using

Banned
    Nope no crashing on my end, left my other tabs open and it loaded fine for me..

Although there was a small spike in the CPU usage, but other then that nothing out of the normal.

cheers
    acidtone..

*scratches head*
    any other ideas?
    *edit* for crazy idea
    maybe that cpu spike is a system call that i havent been able to chase down yet possibly something sound related? cause the only thing i can think of that's odd w/ my system is the corrupt audigy eeprom ... but i cant see why that would only crash the browser and not take the whole system down with it

javascript malformation.

someone farked up their js and it's killing all my browsers.
    pull the js and no crash