Ok, my boss is running an IBM Lenovo laptop on a docking station. He wants wireless and the ethernet cord in and active. He gets an ip conflict everythime he connects. He had a dhcp reservation for both his wireless IP and wired IP. I have since removed the reservation on the wireless as it wasnt needed.
We are running WINS and DHCP and DNS due to the cobbeled state of our network. His Netbios name was attached to 2 different IP's, which is what i thought was cuasing the conflict. I have tried to mimick my settings tohis, as I do not get a conflict, but to no avail.
I can't find much on setting WINS for a mixed network, and I really don't have a ton of experience with all of this being 6 weeks on the job and fresh out of college. His ip's in a ipconfig /all reveal two seperate ip's. When I run ntbstat -a i get two ip's, but both are associated to his Wireless Mac address. Also in ipconfig /all his wireless shows up first then his ehternet nic (which is different from al other machines here, but i cant find anything about it or I am search the wrong key words)
Can anyone point me in a direction? I am trying to install a wireless controller and AP's (which I know nothing about of course, but more than the vendor) and also configuring Groupwise 6.5, so him bothering me with an Ip conflict is killing me.
Thanks