Thread: PayPal phishers at it again!

Yes, that's my CC number! 576869746568617's Avatar

PayPal phishers at it again!

Ok, I just got email from a PayPal phisher. I must say it's a pretty professional looking spoof...rather convincing, with the exception that the domain of the email address was pay.pal.com, lol. Normally, this is not a big deal, as I get them pretty regularly, on my email account that I use for general correspondance.

However, I recieved this email on a .mil account that I do not use for correspondance outside of the DoD.

So I did some thinking, and the only time I have ever used this particular email address for correspondance with a non-DoD entity was on an application for VA benefits, when I applied for GI Bill payments back in the early part of this year.

Those of you who know me know I'm paranoid, so I naturally pop right over to the Army's ID theft website, and what do I find? Yep, that's right... my personal data was on the hard drive of the VA's stolen laptop. The one that supposedly had no data accessed.

Now, I'm not gullable, and I realize that the fact that my email address was pretty obscure in no way means that a phisher couldn't have guessed it or obtained it through other means, but what if?

Guess I'll just have to wait and see. If I start getting phone calls from Bob Kema now, I'm gonna be pissed.
    Windows 9x: n. A collection of 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor. Written by a 2 bit company that can\'t stand 1 bit of competition.

You are right to be paraniod. It is as bad as you think. Someone is watching..... And they are out to get you....... See you soon S.H.S